“Loved it!”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Tampere
Espoo
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

What a beautifully designed hotel - simply loved the pink, grey and black style of it. The room looked very trendy and was big and modern. The bathroom was spacious and simply excellent - for once a lot of space around the sink, a big bonus!!! The location is excellent too, easy access from the railway station and very close to shopping and restaurant areas.
Staff was helpful and friendly and breakfast had something for every kind of taste! Delicious and very Finnish! I'd definitely recommend this hotel for everyone who plans to go to Tampere and would love to stay at a beautifully designed, modern hotel with a friendly atmosphere and close to everything!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear aleightonbrown,

Thank you for your visit with us and your excellent review. It´s really nice to have feedback like this. We are so happy to hear that you had great time in Tampere with us and you liked our interior design by dSign Vertti Kivi & Co.

Have a nice day and welcome again!

Mikko M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was my first time staying at a Scandic and I was very impressed. My room was huge as was the bathroom both of which had nice fittings. The choice at breakfast was absolutely huge and as I only spent one night in Finland it was nice to be able to try some more Finnish things that I'd not had at dinner. This was my first trip to the Nordic countries and it was in Summer; I don't know what the standard is but I thought that the curtains would be designed to block out more light at night. Apart from that the location is great, just a few minutes from the main street and despite the fact it's right next to the railway tracks it was very quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear aleightonbrown,

Thank you for your stay at Scandic Tampere Station and your great review.
I´m glad to hear that you were statisfied for our room and breakfast.
It´s only couple of month during summer that we have this bright in Finland, but as you know, then it´s bright allmost all night. We look forward to see you again!

Bet wishes,
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I only stayed here for a couple of nights on a recent business trip.
Parking is very convenient in the basement and reasonably priced. The location of the hotel is also great for the railway station as the name implies but I was not disturbed by any noise of passing trains.
The rooms are modern and comfortably furnished, the bathroom was clean and efficiently laid out, as is usual in Finland.
We had a couple of beers in the bar while we were waiting to go for dinner and the service in the bar was polite and attentive.
Breakfast meant a pretty comprehensive choice of fruit, cereal, breads, and the usual bacon and eggs but the local blood sausage speciality was also on the menu.
I can't fault the hotel at all, it lived up to the usual Scandic efficiency, comfort and value for money that I am used to and I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jonathan M
SatuG, Front Desk Duty Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Jonathan M.

Thank you for your stay at Scandic Tampere Station and your nice review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our hotel. I hope we can wish you welcome soon again.

Wishing you a nice and sunny summer!

With best regards,

Satu G
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We liked this modern hotel last year and came back this year.

Modern but cosy rooms, friendly staff and little things that usually annoy hotel guests were missing (eg. there was a night light in the bathroom - very good for families with little children...). Our room was facing the railways, but we couldn't hear a thing, not a single noise. The breakfast covered all tastes very well. The only thing we missed from last year was the fresh juice squeezer, which made last year's visit a kind of luxury.

Will visit again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Miiavaan
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Dear Miiavaan,

Thank you for your stay at Scandic Tampere Station and your excellent review.
We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to see your family again!

Sunny greetings from all of our team members!

Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stayed for a night about one year after opening, could notice that rooms were kind of "cheaply done", in my opinion shouldn´t be in that worn out condition if made from good quality materials. Would like more about not-so-modern hotell, but this is the Scandic way today... Room was poorly hoovered.

Nice and helpfull personel at the reception!

At the restaurant (afternoon, after lunch time) got feeling that was disturbing waitress; would like to buy a coffee and got one for free because it was old, left from luch...

Great location; love railways and it`s next door to concert place Tullikamari/Pakkahuone.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Lzu-Rma,

Thank you for your stay at Scandic Tampere Station and your good review. I´m glad to hear that our reception staff was helpful. I´m really sorry that your room was not cleaned according to our standards, and apologize that you got disturbing feeling in restaurant, it should newer be like that.

We hope to see you again, so we can show we are worth to visit.

Enjoy the summer!

Helsinki
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

The hotel was new, centrally located within few minutes from the railway station. The room was modern, but quite small. The overall premises were very ok, but couple of other issues ruined our stay:
First, the sleep quality was very bad:
- The hotel is next to the railway. The noise from bypassing trains woke us. Traffic noise could also be heard.
- Poor ac, the room got hot in the night
- Very thick pillows.
Second, the service was terrible:
- A waitor was waveing us at the restaurant. I walked to the waitor and he said:"Could you take your menus from the table there, so I do not need to bring them to you." We also had to walk back to the waitor to make the order and to pay.
- All staff was totally ignorant pretty much about everything.

Poor stay, I will not stay again.

Room Tip: None. Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Hi Iinatravel,

Thank you for your stay at Scandic Tampere Station and your review.
I´m really sorry that you stay did not went well. Hotel is located in the city center, so there is always some "city noices", but the hotel soundproof is excellent compared to older buildings. Room temperature is around 21 celcius in every room and you may control it +/- 1 celcius.

We invest a lot of time for our service training, so I agree, the service you received is not acceptable. I apologize on behalf of our all team member.

Kind regards,
Sao Leopoldo, RS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

The hotel is very modern. The shower and the breakfast were really good. It is not noisy even being next to the train station (I stayed on the other side of the building, not facing the station). What I didn’t like about it is the fact that we can open only 5 centimeters of the window. I imagine it is to save energy because of the central air conditioning in the room. But the weather was nice outside (it was end of May) and it would have been lovely to receive fresh air in the room. The biggest problem for me was exactly the air conditioning: it was so cold for me. My heater didn’t turn on during the first night (there is an air conditioning that we can’t control, and there is a heater). I complained at the reception. They sent somebody from the maintenance who said my room was with 23 degrees celcius. No way! It was colder than outside, and the temperature outside was around 16 or 17 degrees. I had to sleep with two blankets. Apart from that, staff is very friendly and speaks good English. There are bikes that the guests can use for free.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Liilii_T
Dear Liilii_T

Thank you for your stay at Scandic Tampere Station and your kind review.
I´m really sorry you faced troubles with the heating in the room. We monitor room temperatures every day to be 21 or more, so I´m little bit suprised for this. I´ll promise to go through this with our maintence.

We look forward to see you soon again!

Sunny summer wishes,