“One of the best”

Scandic Tampere Station
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Tampere
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I spent one night in the hotel with my six years old daughter and we both just loved the hotel! The room was standard room but still very good, the breakfast best I have ever eaten (there were so much to choose from...) and the staff was friendly. They also gave something extra for my daughter. I would certainly go there again and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear lumikukka,

Thank you for stay with us and your excellent review. We are so happy that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay. I hope you also had time to see our mascot Sigge, who was here during the July :)

Have a nice weekend and welcome again!

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

This is one of my stay again hotels. Very nice and modern designed, young and very helpful staff. Good food, sauna in room and balcony on 7th floors (Superior plus) - big recommend!
No noise from railway when windows are closed.

• Stayed: July 2013
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Hi Jiri R!

Thank you for you stay at Scandic Tampere Station and your great review. We are really happy to hear that you like our Superior Plus room and our restaurant. We promise to keep up good work.

We look forward to see you again!

Have a nice August!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

What a beautifully designed hotel - simply loved the pink, grey and black style of it. The room looked very trendy and was big and modern. The bathroom was spacious and simply excellent - for once a lot of space around the sink, a big bonus!!! The location is excellent too, easy access from the railway station and very close to shopping and restaurant areas.
Staff was helpful and friendly and breakfast had something for every kind of taste! Delicious and very Finnish! I'd definitely recommend this hotel for everyone who plans to go to Tampere and would love to stay at a beautifully designed, modern hotel with a friendly atmosphere and close to everything!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear aleightonbrown,

Thank you for your visit with us and your excellent review. It´s really nice to have feedback like this. We are so happy to hear that you had great time in Tampere with us and you liked our interior design by dSign Vertti Kivi & Co.

Have a nice day and welcome again!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was my first time staying at a Scandic and I was very impressed. My room was huge as was the bathroom both of which had nice fittings. The choice at breakfast was absolutely huge and as I only spent one night in Finland it was nice to be able to try some more Finnish things that I'd not had at dinner. This was my first trip to the Nordic countries and it was in Summer; I don't know what the standard is but I thought that the curtains would be designed to block out more light at night. Apart from that the location is great, just a few minutes from the main street and despite the fact it's right next to the railway tracks it was very quiet.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear aleightonbrown,

Thank you for your stay at Scandic Tampere Station and your great review.
I´m glad to hear that you were statisfied for our room and breakfast.
It´s only couple of month during summer that we have this bright in Finland, but as you know, then it´s bright allmost all night. We look forward to see you again!

Bet wishes,

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I only stayed here for a couple of nights on a recent business trip.
Parking is very convenient in the basement and reasonably priced. The location of the hotel is also great for the railway station as the name implies but I was not disturbed by any noise of passing trains.
The rooms are modern and comfortably furnished, the bathroom was clean and efficiently laid out, as is usual in Finland.
We had a couple of beers in the bar while we were waiting to go for dinner and the service in the bar was polite and attentive.
Breakfast meant a pretty comprehensive choice of fruit, cereal, breads, and the usual bacon and eggs but the local blood sausage speciality was also on the menu.
I can't fault the hotel at all, it lived up to the usual Scandic efficiency, comfort and value for money that I am used to and I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan M
SatuG, Front Desk Duty Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Jonathan M.

Thank you for your stay at Scandic Tampere Station and your nice review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our hotel. I hope we can wish you welcome soon again.

Wishing you a nice and sunny summer!

With best regards,

Satu G

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We liked this modern hotel last year and came back this year.

Modern but cosy rooms, friendly staff and little things that usually annoy hotel guests were missing (eg. there was a night light in the bathroom - very good for families with little children...). Our room was facing the railways, but we couldn't hear a thing, not a single noise. The breakfast covered all tastes very well. The only thing we missed from last year was the fresh juice squeezer, which made last year's visit a kind of luxury.

Will visit again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Miiavaan
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Miiavaan,

Thank you for your stay at Scandic Tampere Station and your excellent review.
We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to see your family again!

Sunny greetings from all of our team members!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stayed for a night about one year after opening, could notice that rooms were kind of "cheaply done", in my opinion shouldn´t be in that worn out condition if made from good quality materials. Would like more about not-so-modern hotell, but this is the Scandic way today... Room was poorly hoovered.

Nice and helpfull personel at the reception!

At the restaurant (afternoon, after lunch time) got feeling that was disturbing waitress; would like to buy a coffee and got one for free because it was old, left from luch...

Great location; love railways and it`s next door to concert place Tullikamari/Pakkahuone.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Lzu-Rma,

Thank you for your stay at Scandic Tampere Station and your good review. I´m glad to hear that our reception staff was helpful. I´m really sorry that your room was not cleaned according to our standards, and apologize that you got disturbing feeling in restaurant, it should newer be like that.

We hope to see you again, so we can show we are worth to visit.

Enjoy the summer!