All reviewsmodern hoteltrain stationsuperior extra roomcity centretampere stationstandard roombusiness tripscandic friendswrong sideeasy parkingnight staystayed two nightsconvenient locationvery friendly servicearriving by trainnice restaurantclean rooms
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed here for business for one night. The hotel is all new and very stylish. Reception staff is very friendly and courteous. Rooms are typical size for Finland but have great interior design and good amenities. Showers are excellent. Beds comfortable but pillows a bit too high for my taste. Free wifi everywhere in the hotel. Breakfast is regular Finnish standard but with good, crispy bacon and some specialties like Carelian pastries and black sausage. There is a small and functional gym with one treadmill, cross-trainer and a sauna (in the evenings, mornings only during weekend) and some other machines. As loyal customer for Scandic you get a 6 euro voucher for food or drinks at the hotel (doesn't apply for potato chips though). All in all a very good choice for stylish business travel to Tampere. In my opinion the best option in the city!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank henri_s
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Henri_s,

Thank you for your stay with us and your excellent review. We are really happy to hear you were satisfied for your services and think we´re the best option in Tampere for accomodation. Your feedback is motivating us to keep up the good service. Enjoy the spring and welcome again!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night. Since I have stayed here in November, I knew what to expect. This time I was given a more spacious room, there was a extra chair and side table. I liked the room way better, this room had a shower stall instead of bath tub. Very friendly service and attentive staff. Breakfast was great as usual. Will go here again, probably soon.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear LoHel,

Thank you for staying again and Scandic Tampere Station and writing a new review. It´s nice to hear you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied for our service. We look forward to welcoming you soon again!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Me and my wife stayed here for 2 nights - 1 weekend and that time hotel was pretty new and fresh.

Service was nice and things were working.

Rooms were clean and cozy. We had a garage for our car and its quite small, but works just fine.

Breakfast was plain and simple and the location could be better.

View was pretty good, since the hotel is quite high, but its all up to luck which floor you will get your room on.

All together just one of many others and due to location we could choose anotherone next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Hi prkl08!

Nice to hear you had a nice visit with us. Thank you for choosing Scandic Tampere Station for your stay and writing your review. Im glad to hear you you were satisfied especially for our service. We promise to keep it in good level! What comes to Scandic breakfast, it includes over 100 products, including several organic produced ones. We'd be glad to hear your ideas of improvement.

Enjoy the winter and welcome soon again!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Nice clean new hotel. Not crowded the time I was there (Tuesday to Thursday). Plenty of room at restaurant and in morning at the breakfast. Food was good and personnel kind.
I choose the hotel by mistake due to their name but was not disappointed, liked the hotel in all ways.
The name is Scandic Station and I believed it was the hotel next to the railway station but that’s the other Scandic, Scandic City.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
SatuG, Front Desk Duty Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear BI54,

Thank you for your excellent review! I am pleased to hear, that our hotel was a pleasant surprise for you. It is true, that our two hotels are situated close to each other and sometimes that can cause confusion. I am happy you found us and hope you will visit us again.

Kind Regards,

Satu G

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here for one night with my husband while on a mini-break to Tampere. Overall, the hotel was great and I would stay again were I to visit Tampere. The hotel overall was new and fresh, as was the room. Service was surprisingly friendly and we even had a complimentary small bottle of cava as well as some chocolates, macaroons and fruit waiting for us in our room as a surprise treat (we were celebrating my husband’s birthday). We’ve only experienced this abroad before, so it was a very nice touch.

Had breakfast in our room, which came with a hefty surcharge. Breakfast was your typical Finnish fare with breads, veggies, yogurt, cheese and ham. We added scrambled eggs and sausages for an extra charge. It did the job but wasn’t particularly exciting or noteworthy and seemed to be more about quantity than quality.

The reasons (and these aren’t huge) preventing me giving full points to the hotel are the following:
- location. It’s very convenient to the train station but other than that it’s a bit of a hike (manageable, but still a bit of a walk) into the town center, especially compared to the locations of some of the other hotels.
- room cleanliness. The hotel, and obviously also the room, are brand new and felt like it but the room hadn’t been cleaned properly. There was dust, and other things, in the corners and underneath the chair in the room. This didn’t detract significantly from the overall feel of a fresh room (and the bed linen was extremely crisp and clean), but it felt silly that this small thing prevented the room from being relatively perfect.
- Lighting in the common areas. Probably designed to look very modern and hip but I had to stay away so as not to induce a migraine attack. The neon lights (especially the hot pink) could be toned down slightly, at least during the day time.
- No free umbrellas. It was pouring down with rain but the concierge only had umbrellas for sale (!). This is probably part of the Scandic way of doing things, but felt very low-budget.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boarding_gate123
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Hi Boarding_gate 123!

Thank you very much for your stay at Scandic Tampere Station and your kind review.
I´m sorry about the sloppy cleaning in your room. We will go this through with the housekeepers. It is aprox 300 meters to the Hämeenkatu (main street of Tampere), so I think we have as excellent location as the other hotels in the city center, of course it depends where you are going. The bright pink lights are part of the desing. I´m really sorry, if those made you feel uncomfortable. It´s true that we do ot have umbrellas to borrow, but maybe we can fix that for your next stay. I hope we can see you soon again. Welcome!

Kind regards,