All reviewsmodern hoteltrain stationsuperior extra roomcity centretampere stationstandard roombusiness tripscandic friendswrong sideeasy parkingnight staystayed two nightsconvenient locationvery friendly servicearriving by trainnice restaurantclean rooms
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Once more I had to shift in a week from the portuguese warm weather to the cold of the Finish Spring... The Scandic Tamapere Station is a good Hotel, and the nrestaurant has improved quite a lot...no do not take me wrong... it was a decent restaurant before... it is a excelent restaurant in price quality terms. I ddoubt you find better in these parameters in Tampere Hotels....
Congratulations to the Chef.

Room Tip: No SPA or Swimming pool, but a basic gim and finish sauna... watch out for the locals if you do not like very wet saunas... meaning lots of water on the stove... for the rest a good hotrl fos business trips even if not close to the city highlights....
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Antonio R,

Thank you very much for staying again with us and writing a good review. Our Chef and hole restaurant team are delighted to hear you like our restaurant. I hope you have time to visit Finland during the summer, when it´s more warm. Welcome soon again!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I don't like finnish hotels usually. They tend to bee very generic, licht and simplistic scandinavian decor with little variance. The srandard of rooms tends to be so-so. Most finnish hotels I've stayed in I'd barely give 3 stars, mostly 2.

Scandic Tampere station is a positive exception. Have now visited twice, latest checked out this morning. The general appearance is fresh with a touch of quality. Of course it's brand new but the decorations and furnishing are tasteful and have a bit more color than usually. The reception staff has been great both times. Attentive, smiling, ever so helpful. Their small gym is very well equipped for its size, despite its size you can get a decent workout. The Freemotion has been an excellent choise.

Last night I stayed in the room with own sauna. Loved it! The sauna was good, got good "löylyt" and the own balcony to cool off made my day.

Also tried bistro Julienne this time for dinner. Caesar salad was good altough a tad pricey. House pinot grigio was good. Staff in the restaurant was wonderful.

All in all, great hotel, and what makes it really stand out in the finnish "hotel population" is the staff. In Finland I'm used to decent but that's it -type of service. In Scandic Station the service has clearly been made a priority. Well done! When in Tampere, this is the hotel I will stay in.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TildeHilde
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear TildeHilde,

Thank you so much for visiting us again and writing such a positive review. I´m glad to hear your stay was excellent in our Superior Plus room with the private sauna and balcony. We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Sunny regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel is new, clean, perfectly located and in general a fine hotel.

However, the breakfast was sub-standard. The quantity of the selection ok, but everything was greasy, bland and of bad quality. While not surprising for Finnish hotels, this was even worse. Even the coffee was undrinkable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank president_kekkonen
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Hi president_kekkonen!

Thank you for your stay with us and your review. Nice to hear that you consider our hotel fine in general. I´m sad to hear you were dissatsifed for breakfast. If you can, please sent us your comments and the date of your stay by email, so we can talk about that days breakfast with our team members.

Enjoy the spring and welcome again!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Scandic Tampere Station represents basic Nordic/Scandic style that is simple and sometimes rather boring without any big surprises. The hotel is new and technically everything is in good order. The problem is that when you have visited one Scandic hotel either in Finland/Sweden/Denmark/ or Germany, you have seem them all. Everything is too fixed and modern with failures in decoration. Hotel itself is OK but sometimes boutique hotels are much more comfortable because of personal spirit. But something good also. Staff is reception, especially ladies are awesome, very professional and helpful. Furthermore the quality of the breakfast was very good. A lot of choices and local food. You will like restaurant decoration and furnitures, or not.

Room Tip: All the room seems to be almost sound proof
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Hi OPP_lahti,

Thank you for choosing Scandic Tampere Station for your accomodation in Tampere.
It´s nice to hear that you had a nice stay with us and that you value our buffet breakfast as excellent. Our team at the reception were delighted to hear your comments about the service,

We all look forward to see you soon again!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed one night and liked this hotel. Everything is new and clean. Loved the interior. Good service at reception. they let me choose between a room with bath or shower. Free wifi. If you walk here from railway station, you have to climb stairs. I was missing something to clean my shoes with.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank osopequena
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Osopequena,

Thank you for your stay at Scandic Tampere Station and writing a good review. Nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The tunnel on south side of the railway station has also the elevator for easier access to the street we´re located. And shoe policing device can be found on every floor, behind the glass wall opposite the elevators.

Have a great day and welcome again!