All reviewsmodern hoteltrain stationsuperior extra roomcity centretampere stationstandard roombusiness tripscandic friendswrong sideeasy parkingnight staystayed two nightsconvenient locationvery friendly servicearriving by trainnice restaurantclean rooms
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the family room which easily accommodates 2 adults and 2 children. It has a balcony which is convenient for smokers and parents (who can spend some time alone). There is also a sauna and generally it is modern and clean.

The stuff is very helpful and professional. The noise outside is very well insulated and although the hotel is not in the center it is a walkable distance.

If you are interested in sarkaniemi you can buy them at the reception desk and avoid the queues at the park.

The breakfast was not a pleasant experience. Too crowded and very little space.

I stayed at the highest floor in room 708

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SatuG, Front Desk Duty Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear vikhr,

Thank you for staying at Scandic Tampere Station and your excellent review of your stay. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I am sorry for the inconvenience you felt at breakfast. During rush hours it unfortunately can get crowded.

I wish we can soon greet your family welcome again!

With Best Regards,

Satu

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel is ideally located for travel by train as it is located directly across from the central station. The rooms are clean, well appointed and AIR CONDITIONED! The staff were very friendly and efficient and offered wonderful suggestions for nearby restaurants and attractions. The breakfast was outstanding. We would not hesitate to stay again and recommend this hotel highly. If you are seniors, be sure to ask for the rate reduction.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Deat bumpercat,

Thank you for your stay at Scandic Tampere Station and writing an excellent review.
We are really happy to hear that your travel experience was great with us and the location was perfect for you.

We look forward to see you again!

Best regards,
Mikko

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We visited Scandic Tampere Station hotel for the first time on hot July weekend. First thing I noticed was aircondition and it felt good! We arrived an hour early but managed to get a room. I had booked room advanced and that was good thing because I think hotel was near full. Room was clean and nice. Breakfast was good and I liked that they had local black sausage available on the table.

Room Tip: Our room was facing north and we had no traffic noise. But I think that Windows are very good to keep noise outside anyway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Hi Jantsa!

Great to hear that you had a nice stay with us. Thank you for your visit and writing a good review.
I agree that the air condition has been really good during these hot days of July.
Black sausage is one of our most popular breakfast products, and I promise that you´ll find it there on your next visit as well.

We look forward to welcoming you again!

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Scandic hotels are the perfect example of modern Scandinavian design. Clean lines, wooden surfaces and light colours. This hotel was no exception. The room was roomy, clean, well air conditioned and comfy. The service was perfect.

Can't say we had any problems. We've been staying at Scandic hotels for years now, and every time the experience just seems to get better.

The hotel is right next to the train station, but there was no noise or anything. The centre was just a short walk away.

The hotel seems to be popular with families with children, so don't expect your breakfast to be quiet. But otherwise it was good, with a wide variety of choices.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hi Ruutiveijari!

Great to hear that your stay was excellent with us. Thank you for writing such a positive review. We´re always delighted to her feedback like this, and it gives us so much positive energy.

We look forward to see you again!

Sunny summer regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel was full of families with children on their summer holidays. So it felt a bit different to what I am used to. I did not feel disturbed though, as the rooms seem well soundproofed. I had an interesting view on to the train tracks but could not hear any station noise. The hotel felt very new and a bit cold but not in a disturbing way. It was like an upmarket IBIS hotel, and I mean this as a compliment.
There was free wifi everywhere, ironing equipment in the room and a good breakfast. Hotel is walking distance to the city centre and train station. It is 3 minutes walk to the Ryanair bus that takes you to the airport for 6 Euros.
The only thing I did not really like was the fact that the gym had no door and was rather small and poorly equipped.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Liv V,

Thank you for writing a review and staying with us on your trip to Tampere. We are really happy to hear, that you were satiesfied for the guest room and our other services.
Our gym is designed to help on basic training, so I understand it can´t satisfy all guest. On your next visit, we are happy to guide you to the larger gym clubs near by.

Welcome soon again!