“Unprecedented experience!”
Review of Mango Hotel

Mango Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Tampere B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We made a booking for this hotel for one night. Unfortunately we could not check in due to an accident. I had made the booking through Booking.com and I was very much aware of the cancellation policy i.e free cancellation prior 48 hours. Less than that - full payment.

Mr. Sataya from Mango Hotel phoned me around 10 p.m. and apologized for the late call. He asked if we are going to check in later at that day/night. When I told him that we are not coming but I shall however pay for the no show, he made me an unexperienced proposal.

I was offered a free night in the future because we could not stay now. He also confirmed it by e-mail.
Ten days later we visited Tampere and we used this remarkable opportunity. I have never heard of this kind of generousity.

The hotel is situated abt. 2 kilometers from the city center. The area is quiet, lots of parking area and everything is in good order. Hotel has no reception but they will send a code number which is the key for all necessary doors. Very practical and simple. If you do not have a car, many busses seem to pass by a bigger street some 150 meters away. This is also on the "right" side of the city if you are coming to the airport.

The room was big enough for two people, the bed was comfortable and the shower excellent. Outside it was silent the whole night, no night clubs or bars disturbing your sleep. If you are looking for a clean and safe accomodation - here you have it. City prices are all over 100 euros here you have value for money.

Breakfast was not like in Hilton, Marriott or Meriden but more than enough. Food quality was good and variation more than sufficient.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Globetrotter1948

Reviewed 16 October 2011

I think this hotel is rather good for my situation. I drive and exhibition truck around Europe and am on the road for up to 7 weeks. So with a free laundry it is very useful to wash clothes etc. Parking is fine even for a large truck. Owners very helpful and nice. Rooms are interesting in their style a mix of oriental and modern. The place is clean, breakfast is fine unless you want a real cooked one, no bacon and eggs. For those who are on foot it only takes a brisk 15 min to walk into the centre of the town, it is on and industrial area but that is no problem even in the mornings. I will use this place again when I am back in the area. The internet booking is fine and the keyless concept works well. Security might be a little over the top but is no real problem just having to enter your code at every door.
A visit to the 170 meter high tower near the lake is well worth (at the time €8 the views are spectacular. Took me 45 mins to walk there.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Townsey_1
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Stayed 2 nights, and found it to be more like a motel than a hotel It is located in the outskirts of Tampere convenient for access to freeways. Nothing special but it covers what you need to sleep. It offers free parking and minimum services. Self check in following instructions at the moment of booking. It has free internet, a laundry room for guests, a breakfast area, a refrigerator in the room and we had a small balcony, with a parking view but nice to sit and enjoy a bit of fresh air. Rooms serviced only upon demand. The hotel is a good 15 minutes walk from town, but on weekends you can easily drive, if you have your own car, and park in central areas. There are some nice restaurants in town. One night we did not feel like going out and we bought some ready meals at a department store in the city and eat them in the balcony after warming them up in the microwave oven available in breakfast area.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I took a room in Mango Hotel because all the cheap hotels in the centre of Tampere were fully booked. Mango Hotel is situated about 2 kilometres from the railway station. I walked there (no problem). However busses go near the hotel. My single room was nice, clean and furnished in oriental style. I shared the bathroom with the single room next to my room. Breakfast was very good. During my stay I saw one person belonging to the staff. I did not need any help. The area is industrial. There´s several companies selling motor vehicles. I could imagine coming here again, if I can´t find a room in the centre.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2011

If all you need is a place to sleep at cheaper rate it's a good place to stay.
No room service, minimal breakfast, but if all you need is a place to sleep, it's quite good. No problem to sleep, even if it is located in a industrial area. Arboretum and small shops at 5-10 minutes walk. We spend 3 evening in the arboretum and it's a very beautiful place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2009

we stayed at the mango hotel for one night. the hotel is NOT centrally located. We had to catch a taxi (€13 for 2.5km) from central station as we arrived with a shuttle bus from the airport. the room and bed were clean. Breakfast was disappointing and sub-standard. Seeing as we paid €80 for one night at this 3 star hotel i would have expected more. When checking out we couldnt reach anybody as the door to the reception area was closed, so we had to ask a random person outside how to get to the city.

Overall I do not recommend this hotel. Look for a more central option in Tampere even if you might have to spend a bit more.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Mango Hotel in Tampere is a charming and nice hotel but a little out of the way. You will need a car to get here and to get into town. It is not near the train station. The hotel is located in an industrial auto body shop area. I think the City's garbage yard is nearby as well because in the morning there were about 30 trash trucks driving by. There are only a couple choices for dinner nearby -- the ever present Pizza-Kebob and an Irish Pub. The owner is incredibly nice and accommodating. He helped us with everything we needed. He gave us the nicest room he had which was top floor on the corner and had a private balcony. The room decoration was beautiful and ornate. Bathroom is very small but clean. Breakfast was delicious and generous. We recommend this hotel if the out of way location and noise doesn't bother you.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple