“My new favourite restaurant in Tampere”
Review of Frankly

Frankly
Ranked #74 of 439 Restaurants in Tampere
Price range: US$6 - US$34
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Rsstaurant Frankly serves a seasonal menu and the focus is on fresh scandinavian taste. Lunch is served from Monday to Friday at 11-15. Restaurant Frankly is located in the center of Tampere, near TTT- theatre and it has been there since 2004. Renovation to more modern look was done in september 2015
Tampere, Finland
“My new favourite restaurant in Tampere”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Very polite and friendly service, excellent food, lovely atmosphere... They've only got a few vegetarian dishes on the menu but the stuffed peppers my friend and I both ate were the best either of us had ever tried. Highly recommended!

• Visited March 2014

• Finnish first
“Excellent calf liver”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The restaurant is good looking, service is polite but friendly and food is from the top level. Portions are very fine and taste is just excellent. Great!

• Visited November 2013
Pirkkala, Finland
“Good and friendly”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have visited here many times and not disappointed once. Food is delicious and especially choklad cake is absolutely worth tasting. Personnel is professional and friendly.

• Visited May 2013
Nokia, Finland
“Missed the wow factor - not good value for the prices”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Our waitress was great, very friendly.

A fairly expensive restaurant, but I did not think the food was that good, it was just ok.

I had chilli gamba first, not spicy enough to me. It was like the shrimp and the chilli had been thrown into the pan with oil, hoping the chilli taste would magically transfer into the shrimps. It was ok, but not great. (Yes there were a bit on spices there, too, but I would have enjoyed the dish hotter.)

We had tenderloin with pepper sauce. I ordered mine very well done and happily, it was, hubby ordered his medium but I think it was more like well done. Meat was ok, sauce was nothing special.

I had creamed garlic potatoes which missed salt, hubby had mash with bacon which was, again, ok, but he thought the bacon was totally superfluous. I did not finish my potatoes.

Hubby had a slice of home-made chocolate cake. The filling was very good, all chocolatey and buttery, but the base was a disappointment. (Yes, of course I had a taste of his cake! Just one forkful though.)

I´m not sure if I am allowed to make comparisons here, but for the same price I know I would have gotten delicious food at restaurant Salud.

Sorry Frankly, I won´t be returning, I need value for my money.

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice place”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The food was ok, nothing fancy or special. Athmosphere and service were nice. I wouldn't recommend it as a first option but if you want "honest food" as they themselves put it so this could be your choice!

Visited September 2012