“Good lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 429 Restaurants in Tampere
Price range: US$5 - US$32
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Finland
“Good lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Former students of mine organized a lunch at Frankly and although it wasn't perfect it was reasonably good. The food was nicely presented, the portions were good but the service was a bit off but quite friendly. We were a table of 14 but the meals were served one of two plates at a time over about ten minutes. I think it would be betterfor a smaller group. I would defintely give it anohter try.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Finnish first
Tampere, Finland
“My new favourite restaurant in Tampere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Very polite and friendly service, excellent food, lovely atmosphere... They've only got a few vegetarian dishes on the menu but the stuffed peppers my friend and I both ate were the best either of us had ever tried. Highly recommended!

• Visited March 2014
Tampere, Finland
“Excellent calf liver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

The restaurant is good looking, service is polite but friendly and food is from the top level. Portions are very fine and taste is just excellent. Great!

• Visited November 2013
Pirkkala, Finland
“Good and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have visited here many times and not disappointed once. Food is delicious and especially choklad cake is absolutely worth tasting. Personnel is professional and friendly.

• Visited May 2013
Nokia, Finland
“Missed the wow factor - not good value for the prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Our waitress was great, very friendly.

A fairly expensive restaurant, but I did not think the food was that good, it was just ok.

I had chilli gamba first, not spicy enough to me. It was like the shrimp and the chilli had been thrown into the pan with oil, hoping the chilli taste would magically transfer into the shrimps. It was ok, but not great. (Yes there were a bit on spices there, too, but I would have enjoyed the dish hotter.)

We had tenderloin with pepper sauce. I ordered mine very well done and happily, it was, hubby ordered his medium but I think it was more like well done. Meat was ok, sauce was nothing special.

I had creamed garlic potatoes which missed salt, hubby had mash with bacon which was, again, ok, but he thought the bacon was totally superfluous. I did not finish my potatoes.

Hubby had a slice of home-made chocolate cake. The filling was very good, all chocolatey and buttery, but the base was a disappointment. (Yes, of course I had a taste of his cake! Just one forkful though.)

I´m not sure if I am allowed to make comparisons here, but for the same price I know I would have gotten delicious food at restaurant Salud.

Sorry Frankly, I won´t be returning, I need value for my money.

• Visited April 2013