“Disappointed, expected a lot more!”
Review of Tiiliholvi

Tiiliholvi
Ranked #72 of 467 Restaurants in Tampere
Price range: US$34 - US$176
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Came for a business dinner. Had onion soup, duck in orange sauce & chocolate cake with raspberry. I found it all to be extremely average, with the chocolate cake standing out (it was rather small though!). For the price I think you can do better in Tampere.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my dad had lunch there and it was amazing. Three course lunch with drinks was around 40€. Onion soup, grilled pike perch & liqourice + lychee, that three combination was really rich flavoured and maked me full. My dad took the same, only main was different: meat. That was brilliant also. Service was very sweet, young waitress who really maked us feel good and let us know what dishes included. Next time I will definetely try dinner at Tiiliholvi.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We had a half business,half leisure time supper with long time qolleagues. The food was outstanding and good value with seasonal variety (meaning Russian bliniés as a starter, if desired). For me, after the starter, could not but some of the main course -some males were on the other hand later telling they were left a little hungry. The menu is short and that is a disavantage as the kitchen is able to cook also dishes outside menu (as was our case). Excellent service, a good wine list and great presentation by the staff. Had a very good time even if the place closes down pretty early.
Anyway, fine dining.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This is one of the best of Tampere's many good restaurants, and one of our favourites. It sets out to be gourmet quality, and does not disappoint. We had a late lunch there on a cold day last winter, and had a treat. Beautifully cooked oxe cheek for the main course, followed by very good desserts, with a decent bottle of wine to wash it all down. The service was very good with the ingredients all explained clearly and carefully. The décor is attractive: a brick cellar with pillars dividing up the spaces into smaller areas. Apparently there is a outside courtyard available (but not suited for February dining!). The restaurant is a very short walk off the main street (Hammenkatu), and its entrance is down a flight of steps which may deter some, but it is really worth making the effort to find!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had here the surprise menu. Gourmet food, delicious ideas, nice atmosphere, friendly and humorous staff. The cellar is an old bank vault with original walls and armored doors that gives an unique atmosphere. I rate a food excellent and also the wines offered with it. The staff was hilarious, making jokes and serving with good effort. Nice place, probably the best I've found in Tampere so far. I'll probably come back again.