“A room with a view.”

Radisson Blu Marina Palace Hotel, Turku
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Turku
Reviewed 5 May 2012

It is always interesting to see how new chains redesing or redecorate old premices. Marina Palace was the leading hotel in Turku in 1970's and -80's. Now In doupt, but have not visited the rest of the supply for a while.

My room was a spacious double room with a great view to the river. I just missed perhaps some paintings on the.walls. The room was a bit contraversial, a great bed and elegant sofa but those empty and just painted walls.

Corridors are long and wide, and the lobby in need for upgrading. I don't remember anything about the breakfast after three days from my stay.

I would try another hotel in Turku next time.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with the river view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 April 2012

good rooms (big and modern), good service (just only when you need it and excatly what you need), just realy minor issues (limited wi-fi, minor issues in room equipment) not impacting overall good experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I was here in the first week of December for a conference, and had an excellent time in Turku. I have to admit, being from Southern California, I was "concerned" about being in Turku in December, but really, it was quite pleasant.
The area around the hotel is nice. There is a great park-like setting along the river next to the hotel, lined with restaurants. I took a ferry to an island in the Baltic, and it was quite beautiful, and also took the train to Helsinki one day, and found the countryside to also be very appealing. Finland is a spectacular country, and I hope to bring my family back someday to see it.
The hotel was very nice, and the staff were warm and accommodating. The restaurant was quite good, as was the bar. My room was very comfortable. As someone else mentioned, the large mirror propped up behind the bed was a bit odd, but not in a negative way. The breakfast was excellent. I would like to give some constructive criticism, in case the hotel reads these posts, but I really don't have much to say. Another reviewer mentioned that it was loud on the weekend, which was true, but that didn't bother me. It is in a popular location, because of the restaurants and bars that line river next to the hotel; it was "lively", that's all.
I found the Radisson to be in a very good location, close to the castle, as well as some museums and restaurants, very nice staff and excellent accommodations.
I hope to return to Finland again some day soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river, and on a higher floor for a better view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank oregonian1
Tarja T, Manager at Radisson Blu Marina Palace Hotel, Turku, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Mister from California,

Thank you for your review. I´ll gladly pass it forward to all our staff members
I´m very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and hope you`ll
be able to visit Turku and us in the summertime.

Best regards,
Tarja Toivonen
Service Manager
Radisson Blu Marina Palace Hotel

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I´ve stayed a couple of times in this hotel. Do not let the outside of the buiding disturb you (unless you like a bathroom style) - inside you find a very beautiful hotel with excellent service and a great location.
I highly recommend to book a room (a superior one) on the 7 th floor, ask those near the suite with a view to the Aurariver. Those superior rooms have no sauna - the ones facing the street have. But the view is worth more than a saun in this case! The rooms are modern, clean and have all the amenities one could hope.
Please, try also the restaurant Aurora - an Italian style food with some FInnish touch! And the lobby bar is one of the most elegant in Turku!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I had a nearly-perfect 4-day stay at the Radisson in Turku. I had doubts when booking because Radisson isn't known for luxury hotels in The States and the rooms looked bare and institutional in online photos. My doubts were unwarranted. The hotel was top notch with an always helpful and friendly staff. Although the rooms have no art on the walls, they're a beautiful example of the renowned Finnish design and are warm and inviting. The spectacular view of the Aura River -- and a picturesque windmill -- more than made up for any lack of artwork. The bed and bedding were very comfortable, with individual duvets that were a revelation to us.

Our room had a nifty energy-saving feature: You have to insert your room key into a slot near the door to actuate any lights. When you leave, you take the key and all the lights turn off. When you return, the system remembers your lighting choice when you re-insert the key.

The breakfast buffet was hearty and bountiful with a wide assortment of choices. I especially appreciated the generous offerings of lox and pickled herring. At check-in, I was given a set of complimentary wifi codes that change each day. I asked for a separate set of codes for my wife's laptop and was immediately accommodated gratis.

The bathroom was nicely appointed and thoughtfully designed with beautiful and durable materials. The sauna was interesting, but after only a few minutes of intolerable heat I decided that this was not my cup of tea. Perhaps next time. When I unexpectedly needed to print a couple of pages of maps and directions, the desk clerk pointed to a small work area off the lobby where I had use of a computer and printer at no charge. It's often the little things that make a stay most pleasurable. Along those lines, our visitor was able to park in front for almost 30 minutes for free.

Turku, Finland's oldest city, was interesting to explore and discover. Most people spoke English, but were appreciative of any attempt of foreigners to stumble into Finnish. It was indeed bitter cold outside, but once you're resigned to the cold and bundle up in multi-layers, walking around town can be pleasant and invigorating.

At checkout, the desk clerk remembered my name on sight. Again, it's the little things. All-in-all, this was a delightful experience. Thank you.

Room Tip: Get a river view if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here in November 2011. The rooms are very stylish, as many reviewers have noted. The breakfast buffet is quite good. The bed was very comfortable and we had free internet. The price is pretty reasonable considering its central location in Turku. We ate dinner at the restaurant one night, and my salmon was excellent. The children's play area was also a nice touch.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Merenneito06
Reviewed 2 February 2012

high quality of rooms, so quiet, and linen is top quality
the restaurant serve very good food, only the checkout is long long long...
I will come again