“Disappointing”
Review of Centro Hotel Turku

Centro Hotel Turku
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Turku
Reviewed 14 July 2013

No air-conditioning, even though the hotel description says "all 62 rooms are air conditioned". 26 C degrees in the room.. They were out of many things at the breakfast buffet with 45min left of serving time. Quiet and good location, but not worth the pay compared to other hotels in Turku.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank bisonjaakko
There are newer reviews for Centro Hotel Turku

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Although it might be a little hard to find since it is in an interior courtyard, the hotel met all of our needs. It was within walking distance of the train station, market, and various attractions. The breakfast buffet had a good variety of foods to choose from. It did seem odd to have fish as a breakfast choice, but it's good to try local foods! The room was small, but well organized so we didn't bump into each other. One negative is that people would be smoking outside and the smoke would drift up. We had to close the windows a few times and turn on the fan to cool down. The elevator was small, room for one person and two large suitcases, but since the hotel only has three floors it wasn't a problem.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This hotel is deceiving when viewed from the outside. We found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful, a welcome change from other hotel stays in Finland. The facilities and rooms were basic and functional although we found the rooms and facilities to be minimalist, very clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast selection was excellent with a wide variety and many very fresh ingredients.
Upon our departure, we decided that this hotel had certainly exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We arrived turku by coach from helsinki airport and the hotel is not far away from the coach station at all. Location is superb and it is just 3 mins walk from market square, where u can find most buses to other places, tho turku is such a small place that u can walk everywhere.
Room is small no doubt but facilities adequate. Decoration is modern, wifi connection stable.
Got a wide range of food for breakfast, no hot food, which is expected here in finland. But i would say the number of chioces on food is far more than you need.
Staff are helpful, got good knowledge on the town and information.
Overall quite satisfied, recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChuiYi
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Located in a courtyard, there are certainly no views and the immediate surrounding is uninspiring. But the location in the city could not be much more convenient. The rooms are not very large, but nicely decorated with a contemporary design. And clean. No bar on site, but you can get a beer from the reception. Nice and helpful staff and a good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nibor123
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I've read about the hotels breakfast and thought it was something of another world but staying there one night I think it's just ok.
We found the place very easily, there's a large sign at the street and you just drive into the courtyard at the hotel.

We had booked an executive room and it had a nice, comfy bed, we also got some evening buffet which was nice as we didn't have to look up a place to eat arriving in the evening. The room lacked a mini bar, I've got used to having one in a hotel.
But the breakfast I had heard so much about was an average hotel breakfast, you didn't even get bacon in the morning, only porridge.
Radisson hotels, for example, have much nicer breakfasts, the best I've had so far. I thought, by all the reviews, that this hotel would be much better. So, I was a bit disappointed. I did get full, don't misunderstand me, but I'd expected more than I got.

The area is quiet, nice, close to all amenities. You can walk around the city centre, not far from the picturesque riverside. Turku is a nice city, with lots of small pubs, restaurants and shops. I will go back there in the summer as I imagine it will be even nicer then.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeppis
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed for one night at this lovely hotel. The hotel is situated in a courtyard, so it is quite hidden from the street. I had really big difficulties to find the hotel in Yliopistonkatu, but finally I found it. The hotel rooms are clean and quite stylish and I think that the bed was very comfortable. The hotel breakfast was very good, much more than what I was expecting from a small hotel like this. The hotel staff was very helpful and I enjoyed their hospitality very much. It seemed that the hotel was not very busy during winter, but I think that during the summer it is very popular.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and peaceful, due to the location in a courtyard
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business