“Rico has been able to rise their standards”
Review of Rico

Rico
Ranked #230 of 339 Restaurants in Turku
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I must say that I really enjoyed my meal in Rico yesterday. In the past I have had some bad experiences dining in Rico - slow service, lukewarm food, etc. But they have really managed to make the restaurant better gradually and now it's in my opinion the best chain restaurant in Turku!

They had an all new menu and it seemed at a glance that they had now fewer choices than before - but the menu is still quite extensive. I had the salmon-seafood salad, it was delicious and made with fresh ingredients. My all-time favourite dish is the brisket of beef, still on the menu.

Rico is an easy-going restaurant by the market square in Turku. The menu has something for everybody, I think, and it is a good place to visit with picky eaters.

1  Thank Susanna R
There are newer reviews for Rico

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I ordered a chicken burger (=sandwich in other countries). Food itself was quite good for the price, but I left dissapointed. I ordered first a gin and tonic, and a beer with the burger. The waitress also brought some tap water, without asking, and charged 2,10 euro for that. This is not how a customer should be treated. I am sorry, but no tip because of this and I hardly return.
Otherwise the service was very nice and fast.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

Called in for lunch just to try the place, there was the traditional Finnish xmas buffet on which for an Englishman was a good introduction of what to expect this year. Must say it was ok, some things like the herrings was not to my palate but the salmon and ham was, and the puree vegetables....well...really not to my taste, it was like baby food, the taste wasnt too bad but the texture was.....just not for me i guess - but generally the restaurant seemed ok, it was pretty quiet when we visited but a few tables taken, service was good and for €9 each, the buffet seemed good value even though the food wasnt really to my taste - i would consider another visit for something off the menu

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Not very quick service, but food (mixed grill) was very good - also excellent job with kids dish too.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We needed a restaurant close to our hotel at the end of the evening (many restaurants close early). The food was okay with a decent variety though none of us will choose to return here to eat during the last few days of our visit. It was way too pricey though for what you got. I know Finland is expensive but when you pay you want quality. Any number of small cozy cafe/restaurants will give you more. Service was just average though they did have an english menu. If you had to eat here you would manage but don't seek it out.