Ruissalo Spa Hotel
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewssea viewnumber busone night stayjacuzzirelaxationamenitiessterilekmbasin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed over weekend. The hotel was overall unclean everywhere, also rooms not cleaned well at all. In the spa area smelled bad. Very expensive cafe and restaurant services and very poor quality. Beautiful nature though but far from city centre, only good thing was bus connection to the city centre. Not worthwhile money at all. Not recommending for tourists at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank WilmaWils
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel when we went to Ruisrock Festival. Inside it looked like a hospital. There was no classiness , it wasn't modern, it just had a hospital feel. The reception staff looked very unhappy to be there and were quite rude. There was no air conditioning in the room, so it was very hot. The scenery outside was of course beautiful, but our room had a view of a concrete tennis court so my advice would be try to get a room with a view of the lake. The food from the a la carte menu was not nice at all, we had a pizza that was more oil/grease than pizza. We left at 7am to get the first bus back to Helsinki from Turku, we couldn't wait to get out of there!

Room Tip: Get a room with views of the water
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We paid quite a good price for a relaxing weekend at Ruissalo Spa Hotel. For that money we got: hospital looking corridors, waiters that eat the customers' french fries from the plate (when they think no-one can see), a bunch of over 60 year-old Finns covering from surgeries etc., breakfast table that is too healthy (you can buy your own croissant at the café for 3,40€), spa that has basically only one pool that can be called a spa pool (although it was full of crawling 5-10 year old kids), very dirty men's dressing room BUT AN AMAZING VIEW TO THE SEE if your room is on the sea side. Also the gym was excellent if you don't count in the couples whose little kids were playing around with the machines while the parents were training.

My husband had also booked "pleasures from head to toes" treatment for me as a surprise. I went to the spa reception where a young lady made me go back to the main reception because her computer wasn't switched on yet. Couldn't use the telephone apparently... Somehow while I went away, another customer had sneaked into the treatment room under my name and was getting my massage instead of me. I was waiting for 20 minutes before the personnel found this out, threw out the wrong customer and took me in. I got my head massage but the treatment lady (nice though) didn't know what was included in my treatment and made me go and ask at the spa reception where there was no personnel available. Finally, at the main reception I found the first staff member who actually apologized for what had happened. She gave us 2 vouchers for coffee and pastry at the café. Later on I went to ask for another treatment for the next morning but there were no slots available. At that point I found out that they had booked the same treatment for me for the next morning. No-one had told me or asked if I could come. And they did charge a full price.

At least the treatment was nice when made by a real professional.

Oh, and if you want to use the slippers provided, you need to pay extra.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the sea side.
1  Thank Marja971
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The hotel is quite old. There were not a mini bar in the room, no air-conditioning. It was warm summer day, so the room was too warm. The breakfast was ok, but nothing special. The surraundings are very beautiful.

We paid 150 eur/night and the hotel was quite a dissapointment compered to that. I would pay max 70eur/night.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

It is pleasant area with woodland around and country walks; bikes are kept to a separate path. The bus service to/from Turku is very convenient (stops directly outside the hotel) and only 20 minutes. Food is well prepared and basic menu offerings of a pizza, burgers, salads, etc. service is very good with helpful smiley staff.

Room Tip: Go for south side, over-looking swimming pool and views over the sea. Noise from patio area can be loud but worth it for the outlook.