“Decent enough hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Original Sokos Hotel Royal Vaasa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Original Sokos Hotel Royal Vaasa
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Vaasa
Bury, United Kingdom
“Decent enough hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Visiting Vaasa for business.. Booked into one of the only hotels in Vaasa that was upto international standards. It was a bit strange coming from the UK as Vaasa was pretty quiet. Rooms were pretty basic and everything was fine. Breakfast was decent but is across the road in the building opposite.

There is a nice Chinese restaurant around the back of the hotel which made an excellent prawn dish. The free wifi in the hotel was a bonus

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nina K, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Royal Vaasa, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear guest Faddy,

Thank You for your feedback.
I am glad to hear that your stay with us was pleasant.
I hope we'll see you here again in the future if your travels bring you back to Vaasa!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Finnish first
Antananarivo, Madagascar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Radisson Blu Vaasa was my "home" in August and November 2013.
It is a very well leaded hotel, with an absolutely professional and pleasent team.
The people have always been very helpfull and I got clear and good information to any question which I was asking.
The breakfast-buffet is of an excellent quality (even organic food) and has an offer for every taste.
As I was arriving from Africa, I enjoyed the very good internet-connection.
After work I sometimes used the swimming-pool and the sauna, with a very nice view
over downtown.
My bed was extraordinary comfortable and very clean like the whole room.
After a long journey the quite in my room was a real pleasure.
Even my young daughter (one and a half year nearly) enjoyed the visits in daddys "home"
thanks to some toys, enough space in my room and the children-friendly stuff.
Probably the best adress in Vaasa and one of the places I can highly recommand after a lot of travels everywhere.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nina K, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Royal Vaasa, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Guest Uwe B,

Thank you for your lovely review - you made our day!
We are really happy to hear that everything with your stay has been going great!

Behalf of our staff I thank you for your time you have taken to write this review and we hope to see you again here in Vaasa. All the best for the upcomming winter!

Nina Keski-Vähälä, Front Office Manager
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

This hotel is my Go To hotel in Vaasa. Having visited the hotel quite often over three years I have found the staff to be great and the rooms nice. The hotel IS divided into two buildings which can be troublesome for some, but once you learn your way around its not a big issue :)

The breakfast is nice

The rooms are clean, a little small but manageble :) if your budget allows it I recommend the business class rooms with their own sauna! Very nice! ( I wish the hotel offered more e-upgrade offers)

The pool is nice, cold water but the view is super... I heard a rumor theres a heated pool too but I will have to ask next time! ;)

The kids play area is nice for families too.

All and all a great hassle free hotel ! The few problems I have faced here have allways been taken care of promplty and again the staff have shown their effectivness!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest Tony834,

Thank you very much for your great review, we appreciate the time you have given us to wrote this nice review.

We hope to see You soon again in Vaasa!

Nina Keski-Vähälä, Front Office Manager
Oulu, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Small basic room. Breakfast room on the other side of the street. Possible to walk there underground. Not very comfortable. Reception staff ok. Hotel located in the center. Car parking not straight away found. I think this hotel needs some update, but ok for a short stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nina K, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Royal Vaasa, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear User pariscity044,

Thank You for your feedback!

I am sorry to hear that You have felt lack of space in your room.
We also have bigger Superior rooms that are located on the same side with the breakfast room, and I recommend that on your next trip to Vaasa You try one of those. Or if you like to enjoy and relax in an even bigger room with sauna then the business room is a great option for this.

We are looking forward to have you here again as our guest!

Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Very comfortable location close to the railway station and market square. I also did like the service as well as the breakfast.

My room 612 was in desperate need for renovation. It was very much worn and looked a bit shabby. It was clean though.

This was the worst Radisson Blu Hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear User superhani09,

Thank You for your feedback regarding Your stay.

We are happy to hear that You enjoyed our Super Breakfast the most important meal of the day.
For us it´s important that everyone plays a vital role in delivering a memorable guest experience, so we are happy to hear that you also liked our service.

At the moment we are doing some updating on the guest rooms to make them more up to date.

We are looking forward to have You here again as our guest!

Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Vaasa hotels

Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I was very pleased with my stay because I found good rates. The hotel consists of two buildings, you have to cross a street (via tunnel if you want). The hotel itself, where the reception is, probably has better rooms than building 2 (where the breakfast is). But since I paid only about 80€ for my stay I didn't mind staying in building 2. the room was just fine although a bit noisy. The bathroom was clean and all was well. Wouldn't like to hang out here for a vacation, though...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nina K, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Royal Vaasa, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Fridolina,

Thank you for your feedback!
I´m happy to hear that everything with the room was well. The hotel is in two building and the rooms are a bit different on each side, but the features in the rooms are the same. The Central side where your room was located has a long history as a hotel and restaurant building in the city of Vaasa.

It´s good to hear that you found a good rate, and as a tip, you can find great offers also on our website www.radissonblu.com

Kind Regards,
Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

This is a really good hotel in Vaasa, especially for the price paid. Buffett breakfast was very good. Didn't use the swimming pool or spa. The room was very clean, with a choice of pillows. The only negative I have is that the room needs redecorating.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jani B, Service Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Royal Vaasa, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback.
We are currently doing some updating on guest rooms to make your stay more enjoyable.
I´m happy to hear that you enjoyed our great breakfast in which we aim to give you the best possible start for the new day.
And next time you visit our hotel be sure to visit our fantastic sauna and pool area as well.

Best regards,
Jani Blankenship
Service manager
Front office
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vaasa
Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
#1 of 1 in Mustasaari
Hotel Tekla
Hotel Tekla
#1 of 1 in Vaasa

Been to Original Sokos Hotel Royal Vaasa? Share your experiences!