“One of the best sushi ever”
Review of Magokoro

Magokoro
Ranked #6 of 92 Restaurants in Vaasa
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I eat lunch in Magokoro many times per week. I have travelled all over the world in many sushi places but Magokoro is one of the best and value for money is absolutely best! Sushi is really fresh and raw materials are great. Every time they make sushi after your order so it's as fresh as possible. The owners and staff are great and they take their job very seriously. Try dragon roll, it's one of my favourite and really delicious. They make also great miso soup so don't miss it.

3  Thank TR5PI

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This place has some great lunch specials. My friends and I were impressed by the prices on all of their dishes. We ordered the edamame, and I was a little underwhelmed by the portion size. Other than that, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a budget sushi meal while in Vaasa.

1  Thank RunsAmok
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Need to stop for sushi every week :) Sunrise roll is my favourite, Girls really know how to make lovely sushi. In the heart of Vaasa, second floor in shopping center Rewell.

2  Thank Naksuneiti
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Sushi in this place is excellent and not too expencive. The restauraunt is cleand and minimalistic. Waitresses are polite and speak english. You can also order sushi to go, since some times the place is just packed full of people

2  Thank DustyWashington
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I love sushi and this is also my favorite restaurant. But it makes me being disappointed about hygiene problem. Today I just saw one waitress dropping a piece of meat into bin and then it was picked and served to somebody outside. I'm so disappointed, if did they treat me like that ?

6  Thank Faruq_S
MagokoroVaasa, Owner at Magokoro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Hi,

First of all, I'm very sorry that you've had an unpleasant experience at our restaurant. Secondly, I can assure you that we always take food hygiene seriously. There must have been some misunderstanding when you saw the waitress picked up "a piece of meat" from the trash bin. Since we sort out our trash into "bio waste" and "landfill waste", there are always two trash bins placed next to each other. Sometimes when we throw something into the wrong trash bin, we'd have to pick it up and put it into the right bin. Our waitresses are all well-educated people, and I have confidence in their morality. Therefore I believe this incident was merely a misunderstanding. Thank you for your review and I hope this explanation would recover your support to our restaurant. Best Regards, Trang Doan