“Pretty place, decent food”
Review of Strampen

Strampen
Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in Vaasa
Cuisines: Seafood, Scandinavian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Strampen is in lovely location, just down on the sea front, in beautiful park. From the outside it looked a bit fancy, but it was surprisingly laid back and approachable. Seems like people in evening attire as well as ones in very casual clothes were all equally welcome, which made us feel instantly welcome.
We took seasonal set menu and I have to say that scallop soup was the close second best soup I ever had (first place is still held by chestnut soup I had at Gordon Ramsey's). Steak was a bit of a dissapointment - even if service was great throughout the evening, our waitress didn't ask how we like our steaks, and they came way overdone for my taste. Meat was of great quality and steak still good, but I do like my steak medium rare and not well-done, so that was a bit of a miss for me. Overall, really lovely place and high quality food, so if in Vaasa, make sure to visit Strampen!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The place is located at inner harbour at Vaasa , they serve amazing food and amazing place to sit and relax. You will find a lot of local people sitting and enjoying the food , drink and sun.
I understand this place is only open in summer time and you have all kind of activities around this place. You can see people walking , bicycle or jog . They also have some special berry drinks which was really different in taste

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice restaurant what offers a'la carte dishes that are usually planned based on local products. Really nice terrace with a view to ocean.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice place with great view on the sea at Summer. One of the best place to spend warm evening in front of the sea with a glass of wine or cup of tea. Unfirtunately that's all my experience with this restoraint -- from the inside it is just restoraint, I am more attracted by this outside terrace. If you are in Vaasa at Summer you have to be there!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Meltemia dancegroup have had several Greek evenings in restaurant Strampen in the last 10 years. Always good food, nice personnel and great atmosphere. The location is perfect by the sea and not too far from the city center. In day time they offer a delicious lunch and in the evenings you may choose dinner from menu. After Xmas the restaurant is closed and will be opened again in the end of April.