I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW WHERE OR HOW TO START!!!
This Holiday Village is simply excellent.
This is my first stay at Almond after visiting Northern Cyprus for many many years and i am actually 'gutted' that I didn't hear about this lovely complex earlier. It is such a relaxed and tranquil place that I did not want to leave and wished I had booked 112 days and not only 12!
I stayed here with my wife and we couldn't get over the way all the staff simply go out their way to accommodate you however possible and that is IF something is needed outside of the standard quality service they already provide.
They are a family run business with over 20 years experience (I think) and all speak good English too.
The pool at the village was very clean and a great size.
The bungalow we stayed in was very nice and had all the essentials needed, air con, kettle, TV, fridge etc etc.
The rooms were cleaned daily and very professionally, I actually dropped a few pounds change under the dressing table without realising and when I returned to the room the money was neatly stacked on the dressing table (this shows the honesty of the staff, at first I thought they were tipping me - lol).
All the towels were changed daily.
The food was brilliant, the portions were more than adequate (for me anyway and believe me I can eat!)
The chef is what I call a CHEF! He was very very good and his presentation was good too.
We only ended up eating outside the village ONCE and that was for a friends birthday, because once we chose the first meal from a healthy menu ranging from Fresh Fish to Spaghetti we couldn't resist eating their every evening and also had lunch their too.
The prices on the menu are very reasonable and the portions are generous.
The have a lovely cactus garden a children's play area and even a pet ostrich to the rear of the citrus and medlar trees planted around the complex.
They have recently opened a sports lounge which showed the English Premiership and Championship matches which I was smiling about even if the wife wasn't!!
The resident family dog 'lucky' was very lucky to be in a family like the owners and he was also looked after fantastically.
They also rent cars too which allows you to have a one stop shop once you get their!
To sum this up and I could go on even more - I will not be staying anywhere else when I return to Northern Cyprus hopefully in September this year.
Thanks Almond for making our holiday perfect and thanks for the surprise Birthday Cake to which even had a personal message on it for me, that shows that the cake was even ordered especially in and not just off the shelf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Almond is an authentic, romantic & charming family run hotel where you can experience legendary local hospitality and the faultless balance between comfort and traditional Cypriot culture as well as friendliness and professionalism...The passionate attention to detail, warm service,delicious traditional & world cuisine , artful gardens filled with museum quality antiques and the tranquil pool area - will all ensure that the Almond will instantly win a special place in your heart - as your home away from home... Based in the peaceful western region of Kyrenia - The Almond is ideally located between the slopes of the magnificent Kyrenia Five Finger Mountains and the deep blue Mediterranean Coastline while only 20 minutes walking distance to the flawless sands of the beach - You can be sure that this hidden oasis will offer you tranquility, privacy and convenience at all times... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with GoNorthCyprus and TripOnline SA so you can book your Almond Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Holiday Village Hotel Alsancak - Karavas
- Almond Holiday Village Kyrenia
- Almond Holiday Village Hotel Kyrenia
- Almond Holiday Village Cyprus/Alsancak - Karavas