Having lived in Cyprus many years ago both my partner and I decided to re-visit the island the reacquaint ourselves with this beautiful island. The last time either of us were here the North was closed off to occupants of the Greek run south so we decided to split our holiday between 2 locations with the 2nd week being spent in the north and based in Girne (kyrenia). We researched the north extensively wanting a good quality hotel in a central location to allow for some extensive exploring and settled upon the Almond Holiday Village in Alsancak – Karavas, which is effectively in Lapta on the outskirts of Girne.
The Almond Holiday Village came highly recommended on the Trip Advisor website and that was good enough for us so we booked, and are pleased to report that it was an excellent choice and the good reviews were totally substantiated. Do I need to echo and repeat the praises already heaped upon this hotel? Yes, you bet I do because they are all well deserved and it’s gratifying for us the travellers and the management of the Almond hotel to know that praise is given where praise is earned.
I knew what to expect when walking into this hotel but reviews do not prepare you for the depth of comfort, quality and service and this lovely hotel has bucket loads of them all. The accommodation is made up of chalet style individual bungalow arranged around the central hotel building and pool. The design of the chalets means that they could be transported into the Swiss Alps and would not look out of place for a second as they are beautifully trimmed in stained wood including with shutters, stairs, mezzanine floor balustrade and ceiling, Heidi would have felt at home yodelling from the patio. The downstairs is furnished in traditional Cypriot style but though and taste has been employed and the upstairs bedroom area is beautifully opulent.
Each of the chalets face the central wooded area and pool each with a self contained patio. The grounds of the hotel are immaculate with great care taken to keep all areas clean and tidy with no litter. There are carefully placed object of interest around the grounds but each one has a plaque attached informing guests of its significance and use (nice touch). This hotel also has an external bar area which has a well thought out seating area that offer shelter/shade with well cushioned seating to make ensure customer comfort.
The central hotel building comprises, front desk, bar, restaurant, administration and staff accommodation. This area is again exceptionally well maintained, with comfortable surroundings, curious and artefacts and all attached information. The restaurant is very well appointed and has plentiful seating. Service is prompt, polite, efficient and attentive the quality of the food is exceptional with a varied menu.
So we know the hotel is good, it’s clean, it’s well appointed, it’s well maintained and though has gone into ensuring the guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay, so what makes this hotel the number 1 recommended hotel on the trip advisor site for Girne (Kyrenia)?
Easy! The hotel owner/managers and staff, they are the WOW factor of this hotel. From the owner (s) and their family who appear to fill many of the senior positions of the hotel to the catering, cleaning and service staff. They are without exception the jewel in the substantial crown of this hotel. I have stayed in many hotels in many cities in many countries around the globe and am well acquainted with high quality hotels and as a rule do not stay in anything below 4 star (why should I if I can afford it, I want a holiday not a camp site). So when this hotel came up as a 3 star I was admittedly reluctant but my better half was convinced that it would be good and I trust her, so we booked. We also visited some of the 4/5 star hotel in the vicinity and take away all the marble columns and gold looking banisters and what do you have? You should have a hotel where each individual customer should be made to feel like they are the most important customer in the world, the Almond Holiday Village has this nailed. Every day I stay at this beautiful hotel I felt like the King of North Cyprus, they made me and my partner and every other guest feel important and that is a dedication to serviced that cannot be bought this is dedication and skill and I applaud them for their excellence.
So if you are in the north of Cyprus and you are looking for a good hotel, don’t demand a great hotel and go to the Almond Holiday Village, you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Almond is an authentic, romantic & charming family run hotel where you can experience legendary local hospitality and the faultless balance between comfort and traditional Cypriot culture as well as friendliness and professionalism...The passionate attention to detail, warm service,delicious traditional & world cuisine , artful gardens filled with museum quality antiques and the tranquil pool area - will all ensure that the Almond will instantly win a special place in your heart - as your home away from home... Based in the peaceful western region of Kyrenia - The Almond is ideally located between the slopes of the magnificent Kyrenia Five Finger Mountains and the deep blue Mediterranean Coastline while only 20 minutes walking distance to the flawless sands of the beach - You can be sure that this hidden oasis will offer you tranquility, privacy and convenience at all times... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with GoNorthCyprus and TripOnline SA so you can book your Almond Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Almond Holiday Village Hotel Alsancak - Karavas
- Almond Holiday Village Kyrenia
- Almond Holiday Village Hotel Kyrenia
- Almond Holiday Village Cyprus/Alsancak - Karavas