“HOSPITALITY AT ITS BEST”

Citrus Tree Gardens
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We have been going to North Cyprus for many years but this Christmas was our first visit to Citrus Tree Gardens. This is a small but utterly enchanting complex owned by a delightful man, Mustafa, ably assisted by Lesley a charming English lady. Nothing was too much trouble for these people and we were offered everything we needed from a freshly cooked breakfast to drinks in the bar around a warm log fire. It was the perfect place to spend Christmas and New Year. I hope to stay with them again in the future. Many, many thanks to Mustafa, Lesley and their wonderful staff.

Room Tip: We had one of the two bedroom villas - excellent. A particular plus is the hot/cold water machine i...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Chrispanting_12

Reviewed 20 October 2013

If you are looking for a great relaxing holiday, give this place a try. Whilst my partner and I were there, nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. I have rated this resort a 5, but would be 5+ If English channels were available, just to keep up with the news. Breakfast was a bit limited, but a fry up was available at extra cost. All in all we are looking to return next year, just like a lot of other guests. Lesley, Mustafa, all the staff and the regular guests made us feel very welcome from the first moment we got there.

Ian Angie
Kent

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ian A
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This was the first time I have booked a holiday without involving a travel company so I was a little concerned that it would all work out. I after reading the reviews on this site I e mailed Mustafa direct and asked whether he could arrange for us to be picked up from Larnaca airport and returned at the end of our stay. I decided to fly BA to Larnaca because we really didn't fancy going to Turkey, sitting on the Tarmac for an hour and then flying back to Ercan. Mustafa duly replied with a very favourable all in price for transport and two weeks stay in a villa. As it turned out, with flights as well, it worked out slightly cheaper than what Mercury Direct quoted me. Plus the advantage of a larger baggage allowance plus a meal on the aircraft, plus an inclusive bar.
One downside was that it was a night flight, arriving at Larnaca at 05.05am Cyprus time and I must admit to having the odd reservation re being picked up. I needn't have worried. We were met by Lesley's (receptionist at CTG) husband who took us on the hour & a half drive to Kyrenia.
We arrived before anyone had opened up for the day but it wasno hardship sitting in the beautifully fragrant gardens, surrounded by orange, lemon and tangerine trees, not to mention the beautiful flowers. Having been eventually shown to villa no32, we began one of the best holidays we have ever had.
Everything has been said in the reviews on this site so I really would only be duplicating the comments of others but this hotel epitomises the term "small& friendly". Right from the owner Mustafa, who incidentally was extremely laid back about when I needed to pay the balance of our bill, Lesley on reception who probably got fed up with our silly requests for directions etc, but always was there ready to help with a smile. The lads on the bar, the maids, cooks and the gardener who all work so hard to make your holiday a success and all with a cheery smile and a readiness talk to guests.
Although we were a couple, we were given a two bedroom family villa, more than enough room for us, even without the second bedroom it would still have been a good size. Hot & cold water dispenser in the kitchen, great idea! Instant cup of tea ---- next time I will be taking my own mugs though as the cups provided are very small.
I've read some complaints about the breakfast and just don't understand where these people are coming from! Compared to some places I've stayed, I thought the food was very good, the eggs were lovely & fresh, boiled or scrambled. Wise up people, it's another country ---- when in Rome etc. I can't comment on the dinners because we ate out at some of the many excellent restaurants within easy reach.
All too soon our stay at CTG was over and as promised, Alan, another of the drivers doing the airport run, was there at 07.00am to transport us back to Larnaca.
Thank you Mustafa, thank you Lesley thank you to all the lovely staff who really do go that extra mile. Thank you also to the other lovely guests who helped to make our stay so memorable, especially Bernie & Rose, thanks for the laughs. My wife always says that the world is too big to go back to the same place ----- but she wants to come back next year ---- says it all really!
Degs & Nel.

Room Tip: Worth the little extra to have a villa
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank GoancrazyGloucester
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Have stayed at the citrus tree twice now and cannot fault it. Wonderful staff, treat you as family ,very clean rooms.
Nicely set up with rooms round the pool, which is just the right size for the size of the hotel.
Rooms shielded from pool by some nice plants Plenty of sunbeds and umbrella's.
All in all a lovely relaxing week.
Local bus into Kyrenia runs all day and very good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks in Sept 2013, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Although the room facilities are basic, they are perfectly adequate for a comfortable stay. The meals, also, may not be the most exciting, but are good. The making of CTG is, undoubtedly the staff - universally polite, pleasant and interested, from the owner to the room maids. They could not have done more for their guests.

Room Tip: Rooms above the reception area can pick up traffic noise from the main road outside - all others are...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were there at the beginning of August.

The rooms are quite nice & the gardens are very pretty, full of citrus trees.

Hotel owner and the stuff are very friendly.

Excellent value for money. Definitely recommend it!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

AS our first time at CTG in July 2013 we enjoyed every minute. We have stayed in Northern Cyprus lots of times in the past, but I think CTG was the best we have stayed in. we were made very welcome from day one by the night staff. Then in the morning when we met Mustafa and Lesley, the nicest couple who couldn't do enough for you.
The accommodation was clean and the service was second to none.
Breakfast was continental style but you can pay extra for full english.
Our room was cleaned daily and had ample space for me and my husband.
We would definitely go back and recommend to anybody who is looking for a quiet, relaxing holiday with friendly staff.

Mr and Mrs L Salton from Essex

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alsancak - Karavas
Manolya Hotel
Manolya Hotel
#1 of 7 in Lapta
Denizkizi & Denizkizi Royal Hotel
Denizkizi & Denizkizi Royal Hote...
#2 of 8 in Alsancak - Karavas
#2 of 7 in Lapta
Mountain View Hotel & Villas
Mountain View Hotel & Villas
#1 of 3 in Agios Georgios

Been to Citrus Tree Gardens? Share your experiences!