“Good food.”

Galito
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Akranes
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

No wow factor here other then the smoked whale. It was tasty, I guess, if you can get over the fact that they captured it on the east coast of Iceland. Had the chicken wrap that was enough for a small family, took the wrap off and dump the contents on my plate and ate it like a salad. My husband had the beef and langostino salad which was huge. Service was mediocre. The bartender was doing the dining room, the bar and the take out counter. Luckily there were not a lot of us in the dining room at 5:30.
So if you are in the area of Akranes, stop in for a meal, but don’t go out of your way.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went here after seeing the Akranes Lighthouse. One of the volunteers recommended it. Cool, sleek interior sectioned off by curtains. I had a chicken salad and everything was fresh, especially the greens they used. Husband had the beef burrito special and it was generous. Service was also great.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We ate here on our first night in Iceland. We didn't know quite what the dining experience was going to be like there, but we were pleasantly surprised by the family friendly atmosphere of a place with such good food.

There were several other local families there when we arrived, so we were able to relax without worrying about kids being kids.

We had the whale and the langoustine pizza. The pizza was incredible and I totally recommend it. The whale was good, but expensive. Our kids liked the whale and I had to stop them from eating all of what was probably something like $4 a piece.

Overall this place is great and if you need a place to go in Akranes, go here.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

We stopped for lunch at Galito and were surprised by the delicious fare they served. I had the lobster bisque and it had white chocolate in it - It was the most wonderful soup I've ever had! I was not sure by the look from the outside - it's in a strip mall setting. But don't be fooled, it filled up quickly and the food was great.

Sjonni80, Owner at Galito, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Hi Nicole Lisa

Thank you so much for your review.

Best regards
Sjonni

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Wery good food, nice environment and friendly staff that whent the extra mile to provide excellent service.