All reviews horse riding honesty bar retirement home hot tub icelandic horses northern lights living room little touches lovely guesthouse shared facilities beautiful landscape shared bathroom rooms are big free tea and coffee friendly dogs breakfast was delicious other guests
Reviewed 1 November 2018

My sister and I loved our stay here! Such a relaxing, homey place. I can’t say enough good things about the staff here. They were so caring and considerate. They alerted us to weather issues, made sure we were safe and comfortable the whole time. Our room was large and the beds were cozy! Having a sink in the room was a fantastic bonus! The bathrooms were clean and well-stocked with towels, q-tips, and cotton rounds. The WiFi worked great. In the reception area, coffee and tea were always available and you could walk around and shop all kinds of handmade goodies. We definitely purchased a couple things! The breakfast in the morning had plenty of things to choose from. On our second morning, there were the most amazing pancakes! The 2 dogs that run around the property were so sweet! The location is great because it’s just outside of town and very quiet. I really can’t say enough good things about this place. Please make a point to stay here when you’re in Akureyri.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

This quaint little guesthouse right outside of Akureyri provided a comfortable sleeping place while traveling the Ring Road. Because it is just outside Akureyri, it provides the perfect setting and opportunity to see the Northern Lights. They even offer to wake you up when the Northern Lights pop out. The breakfast spread was the best I’d seen, complete with scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, cheeses, and more. The walls were paper thin, however, so don’t plan on sleeping in. Overall, excellent stay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

I loved every detail of this guesthouse. Only 10 minutes from Akureyri, it’s a lovely country setting. It was so cozy, clean, had beautiful sitting areas, good happy hour prices... the hot tub was so relaxing, overlooking the water. Unfortunately no northern lights were out when we were there, but they offer the option of contacting your room if they lights are out so you don’t miss them.
Bathrooms were plentiful and kept clean. Never had to wait to use. Would highly recommend this for an “out of the big city” stay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We spent two nights in the guest house. To summarize the main points from our point of view:
+ Tasty breakfast
+ Nice room
+ Hot tub
+ Horse riding options
+ Two lovely dogs

All in all a great place to stay :)

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2018

Such a pleasant stay at the Guesthouse! We stayed 5 evenings and I thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Relaxed, inviting space, clean environment and incredibly pleasant staff. I can't imagine a better place to stay where you feel welcomed and at home. As a bonus, there are two dogs on property, so if you are missing your pups, you can track them down and give them some attention. I found this extremely helpful having been away from my dogs for 2 weeks. I also found some lovely items in their gift shop - rings, spurtle, a gorgeous wool sweater and a cute little sheep, not to mention the calendar for 2019!

Date of stay: September 2018