“Okay!”
Review of Kung Fu sticks+sushi - CLOSED

Kung Fu sticks+sushi
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We offer sushi, noodle soup, salads and sandwiches for takeaway, you can also sit down to enjoy your meal.
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

While I realise that there are a lot of things that can go wrong with making sushi, Kung fu go most of it right. The miso soup was nice and my mix of sushi and sashimi was nice too. I could've definitely eaten more still. The restaurant in itself felt a bit cramped, which is a shame. Everything else was A-OK.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Been in the "capital of the north of Iceland" so there is a tiny bit more of a choice for your food and so I tried sushi... The fish was decent but them are on the ocean so it doesn't take much... But the rice... Rice is essential for a good sushi. For the nigiri they have it ready since hours, piled in trays.... How can it be good rice??? The price is decent and the service friendly but I wouldn't come back.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

This was my second visit to this little place, and it did not disappoint. We went there after a failed night out at RUB 23(I have a review of that). I just wanted good sushi that didn't cost an arm and a leg. We ordered a big plate of mixed sushi and two sticks of horse meat in a smoked chili sauce. Both were excellent, tasted great. My only complaint, like last time, is that there is a little too much rice in the sushi, but it is tasty, so I let that slide. Wine and food is very reasonably priced.

This place is quite small and ideal for couples. Groups of people is not a good idea if you want to sit together.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We made reservations for a party of 16 a day in advance yet they insisted that we sit at 3 separate tables. When we asked if we could turn the tables so we could sit at one large table they said no, they had to get to both sides of the table to serve us, which they never did, rather they just had us pass the food down while they stood at the ends of the tables. When we arrived the men's room was out of toilet paper and hand towels, when we left 2 hours later it still was. When the waitress brought the check I spent a minute trying to figure-out the cost per person, she insisted that I hurry saying "she had other customers". When we looked around we realized we were the only people left in the restaurant. The food was reasonable although their sushi portions were fairly modest as was the price.

1  Thank CharliePeck
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The food here was tasty, unfortunately we were quite late in for lunch on a miserable weekday so we didn't get much of feel for the atmosphere or what the service would be like at a busy time (though was very prompt when we were the only ones in!).

The sticks refer to what I'd describe as skewers, it was good to have some warm food to go with the sushi and is a nice bit of variety to the usual Japanese fare.