“Terrible service but good food”
Review of Kung Fu sticks+sushi - CLOSED

Kung Fu sticks+sushi
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We offer sushi, noodle soup, salads and sandwiches for takeaway, you can also sit down to enjoy your meal.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

When I was there the staff were not in a good mood I think and we had to wait for our food for a very long time, Just ordered normal sushi that does not take that long to make and there were not many people there, the waiter didn't even apologize for the wait. But he food was good! But i wouldn't say that the staff is very friendly! We felt unwelcome but the food was good!

1  Thank Beggaott

Reviewed 8 August 2014

On the town sqaure in the town is this place. I lvoed my tempura veg starter. I ordered ribs for the main and there were loads of ribs and not enough curly fries. We were going to have the chefs choice mixed menu but we were told that was not possible after 7.30 so get there earlier to avoid disappointment. The toilet was beautifully decorated too!

1  Thank IssieBee
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

First of all it was just possible to eat the normal nigiri (salmon..) or maki stuff because they were out of tuna and CHICKEN!!! (so we couldn't taste the sticks) we thought they're joking... but what we ate was good and the price is ok.
but i can't even describe with words how the waiter "did his job". he didn't even say "hallo" when he threw you the menu card on the table. and that is just one example of ten things i could write down. unbelievable. and i'm not a person with high expectations when it comes to that! i thought i was at some kind of theater play

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went there by chance and got the tasting menu - recomend it to everyone. Had very good horse and the sushi was top notch.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

As Iceland is renowned for its fish I thought the sushi choice here was disappointing, the usual salmon, prawn choices with nothing unusual. The night I went there was only one waitress so service was slow. As this is only a small town and there isn't a fantastic international choice this place was acceptable but it wasn't an authentic Japanese reataurant. Horse is available which I chose to eat and was delicious but might not suit some palates.