“Amazing travel.”

Add it.
Vatnajokull Travel
Ranked #12 of 14 Tours in Hofn
Reviewed 27 March 2015

We cannot speak highly enough of the service that Brando and his company gave. We were met at the airport and taken on a tour round Hofn before going to our hotel.
The next day Brado took us to the glacier. He was so helpful, friendly and accommodating - nothing was too much trouble (even unscheduled stops to photo reindeer! )He was so knowledgeable too.
In the evening he took us out searching for Northern lights even though he knew the chances that night were almost nil .amazing

Reviewed 16 March 2015

Godbrandur and his team were very helpful, I was taken on a "guided tour" of the region, then hired a car to explore some more. It was a real treat to be given some "insider knowledge" of the area, and I would return to Hofn again just to experience this warm helpful experience. well done to everyone

2  Thank Brendan Q
Reviewed 11 February 2015

I phoned Vatnajokull Travel because I was trying to book a Northern Lights excursion from Reykjavik, but was not succeeding through the website. I didn't realise it at the time, but this is booked through Eagle Air's booking system, which, in turn, only accepts bookings if 2 or more travellers book. Brando answered the phone, and while I was ultimately unable to book the package, I mentioned that I would probably book flight and hotel separately.

The next day, Brando met me at the airport, which surprised me - when I had spoken with him, I was still not 100% certain I'd book. He drove me to Hofn, briefly showed me the town, and took me to his office to see how he could assist me. I didn't book a glacier tour, as it would have been outside my budget (as a solo traveller, off-season) to have a private tour. He then phoned his friend (The Aurora Photo Guide: Runólfur Hauksson) to see if he was offering aurora tours that night - but Ronnie had broken his ribs just the night before and was recuperating. He did, however, give me Ronnie's phone number so I could call him at any time if I wanted advice for taking photos of the Northern Lights, which can be quite tricky, especially if you aren't used to operating your camera's manual settings. Then, Brando drove me to the hotel.

Throughout all this, Brando never asked for money. When I gave him a token of thanks after he had dropped me off at the hotel, he seemed almost a bit embarrassed about my payment. Even though I did not book the package deal (being unable to do so for a single person), he helped me because he thought that I was probably coming to Hofn based on a phone call the night before. He did not put pressure on me to book anything, which was a positive surprise.

Brando runs the travel agency, the local Hertz rent-a-car dealership and the garage fixing cars in Hofn - it is one of those small towns where people might have several different jobs / roles in their community (and the travel agency and rent-a-car office are inside the garage). Brando was super helpful, so if you are planning to visit Hofn / the Glacier / this part of Iceland, I can only recommend him. (And if you do plan on chasing the aurora near Hofn, get in touch with "Ronnie the Aurora Photo Guide": Google him, or ask Brando / Vatnajokull Travel to put you in touch with him)

3  Thank Federhirn
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We did the activity adventure flying in from Reykjavik. Brando handled every detail and took really good care of us. We had a great time and highly recommend vatnajokull travel and especially Brando.

3  Thank Dianne T