“Nice place, nice owners!”
Review of Guesthouse Dyngja

Guesthouse Dyngja
Ranked #3 of 19 Hofn B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2013

A very friendly couple is running this nice guest house. Great location! My room had harbour view. Next door to excellent restaurants.

Owners are very helpful and gave me a number of great tips.

Great breakfast - all you could wish for.

Room Tip: My room was next to the bathroom - so if you are sensitive to noise you may want to choose one furth...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 July 2013

They own a few houses, and the service was very good. They were expecting us, and all communication was smooth. The kitchen is self service, so we could warm up our food there, and prepare something. The sitting area was nice too. I can recommend it .)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We arrived in Hofn planning to drive further east but we were tired. The lobster restaurant Humarhofnin was too appealing and we decided to spend the night. I looked across the street and saw Guesthouse Dyngja and ran over and secured the last room :) The house is charming and spotless and we had a room that was spacious and looked out over the harbor.
Simtryi took good care of us and in the morning we met Fanney and they are warm and lovely people.
I really recommend the guesthouse experience in Iceland and Dyngja in particular :)

Room Tip: Overlooking the harbor is nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The guesthouse Dyngja in Höfn was recommended warmly in Tripadvisor but we were not impressed by it. We would certainly rate it the less good but most pricey lodgings in our 6 day Iceland round-trip. This may be due to the Höfn place being expensive generally as the gateway to the most stunning glaciers in Iceland, so if you don't need the glaciers, choose another city for your overnight.
The bedding is only so-so, and disappointed we were as we had growing accustomed to fluffy eiderdowns and super comfy mattresses in other guesthouses
The owners try hard to look welcoming, thank you for that, but otherwise it is business business.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank raobert
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Guesthouse Dyngja is a beautiful guesthouse in the small town (but big in Iceland!) of Höfn. I didn't stay anywhere in Iceland that wasn't nice, but I think this was the nicest of the 9 places I stayed in during my trip. The decor and style throughout was very nice and cool, exactly what you would hope for in Iceland.

My husband and I stayed in a small double room, which was upstairs, which was 13900ISK in June. There were three or four rooms upstairs sharing a bathroom. Sometimes there was a wait, but there is also another bathroom on the main floor. Our room was, of course, small, with just enough room for the bed and the night stands. We had to put our suitcases on the bed to open them, but that was fine with us as we knew in advance the room was small! The walls were white and the bedspread and pillows were bright colours.

This was a guesthouse where I truly wanted to spend time in the common area. The living room was large. There were a few little seating areas, a spot to put your laptop, and, best of all, the record player and records. It was nice to sit down there in the evening with a record on while writing in my journal.

The breakfast was continental style but I could tell that the items were high quality. Very tasty. Free wifi worked well. The upstairs bathroom had only a shower and toilet, but lots of counter space. There is a tub in the downstairs bathroom.

Unfortunately the owners were out of town, but the young lady who was working (didn't catch her name) was really nice, friendly and helpful.

Definitely recommend.

Tip: The lobster restaurant across the street is very expensive. If you want something slightly less expensive, try Kaffi Hornid.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

OK - I am a vinyl freak. So the already got me when I saw the coozy lounge with a record player and a nice selection of vinyls.

The room was spotless clean, and so was the shared bathroom. And as mentioned many times before - I enjoyed the view on the harbour.

The staff is really great - friendly, attentive and helpful. Whoever left the day we did got personal tips where to have at least a short stop.

The breakfast is great!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Kooky little guesthouse in Hofn. Well priced as Hofn seems overpriced in general!
Really lovely couple run the place, and it was them that made it what it was.
On our visit the only issue was the shared bathroom, but that was down to the size of the family next door more than anything.
Lovely room, comfy bed, and a great breaqkfast included. All to the sounds of the Beach Boys playing on vinyl! Would recommend staying here!