“Great Stay for Solo Travelers”
Review of Hafnarnes

and 1 more site!
Hafnarnes
Ranked #10 of 19 Hofn B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 April 2014

After a few days in Reykjavik, the quiet, gorgeous coastal town of Hofn and Hafnarnes were very welcoming.

The guesthouse is situated on a beautiful little hill, surrounded by mountains, glaciers, and the ocean. Nina was very welcoming and presented me with a sweet, bright and quiet room that had beautiful ocean and mountain views. It was beyond peaceful. She also showed me nearby sights and activities.

The kitchen is available for guest use, as is the cozy living room.

It was a very peaceful retreat and I was sad to have to leave after only two days.

Thank you again for your kind hospitality Nina! I hope to return again in the future :)

Room Tip: If you're traveling alone, try and get the solo bedroom in the corner on the upper floor. The oc...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed here for just one night during a photography trip in March 2014. They are currently renovating the place and so only part of it was open. It still had a massive public area, with limited kitchen facilities and free tea and coffee. Wifi was fine in public areas but didn't work in my (small) room. Friendly staff greeted me me. It's a few km outside of Hofn, so you need a car, but that was fine for me (and also closer to the wonderful photography sites like Stokksnes nearby). It's on a farm with good views on each side and horses nearby. I spent ages deciding where to stay in Hofn and I'm happy with the decision I made to stay there - cheap and cheerful, but definitely not fancy. Only one bathroom at the moment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I booked online in May and called the night before our August stay to confirm, and it's good that I did, as Nina had not received my booking even though I got an emailed confirmation. But we got off to a great start when Nina found us the perfect room with three single beds.

Very friendly host and animals, lots of amenities in the common room - really anything you could want. And the walls are lined with lovely art.

Comfortable beds, it seemed quiet, although I was tired enough to sleep through anything. The bathroom to guest ratio was a little low for me, although maybe it was a factor of the long time the other guests were taking. Felt expensive for what it was (18,000 isk per person for a room with 3 twin beds and sharing the hall bathrooms.)

We did have trouble finding it, but Iceland directions tend towards the non-specific. Ask lots of specific questions. It's the first thing you see on the west side of the road heading to Hofn once you turn off Route 1.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DCKathryn
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Our room was quite small (by American standards) but this guest house had the best beds of anywhere on our trip. Impeccably clean, welcoming and homey, with cats, dogs and horses on the property and beautiful views. I had good luck meeting fellow travelers in the main room as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed at Hafnarnes for one night. It is located some kilometers outside of town, so only recommended if you have your own car. Our room in the basement was tiny and quite bare, the corridor smelled of wet dogs, but the beds were ok (possibly, the rooms upstairs might be nicer?). The owner was friendly and the common kitchen area was nice, but overall we found the place in need of renovation and overpriced (we paid 14.900isk/night).

Room Tip: I would ask for a room upstairs (avoid the basement)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We spent one night here in March. The room was warm and clean. The beds were very soft, though as a couple we would have preferred the possibility of a double bed instead of only twins. The guesthouse had good WiFi, a nice common room, and a kitchen. The view was absolutely stunning - the best on our trip around the ring road.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NGNcph
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Found this B&B via booking.com. Place was very comfortable. There was big room which had TV, some board games, dining tables, chairs and 2 small sofas. We spend some time just laying on the sofas and exploring in the internet with our cellphones. Wi-Fi was free to use. Other room had coffee-machine, also free to use, selection of teas, fridge for customer use, microwave and stove.

Our bedroom was clean and we slept tightly about 13h in a row(Yea, we were tired by driving).

About the host... It was Boxing Day and everything was closed and of course we didn't had any food with us. The host gave some free bread, cheese and fruits for us =).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple