“A little bit expensive, but food was great”
Review of Cafe Riis

Cafe Riis
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Holmavik
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Steakhouse
Description: NOTE: We are not open during winter time (from October through April) We are a small family run restaurant in the town of Holmavik. We serve fresh food at reasonable prices and offer a variety of dishes suitable for most people.
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We tried different pizzas there, amazingly good taste, I loved the one with shrimps. But food is quite expensive there.

1  Thank Mojca88

Reviewed 23 September 2012

This restaurant is mentioned in the Lonely Planet and as there is not much choice in this small town I chose to have lunch here. The food was ok but a bit average really and quite expensive for what it was. Just nothing memorable which was a shame as I mostly had excellent food everywhere else in Iceland. I would not go back here.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

It's the only restaurant in town, so little choice :)
I tried some fish: appetizer was really good, while the main course disappointed me a bit. My friend ordered a pizza (!), and it was quite good (and I'm italian). If you are somewhere close, this is a good place to have a dinner.

3  Thank firestart80
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Excellent menu - went because it was local to our accommodation and Rough Guide seemed to like it. We were not disappointed.
Fish of the day was monkfish tails wrapped in smoked bacon, served on a bed of risotto rice and rocket with a creamy mushroom & white wine sauce. Fabulous. Husband tried the puffin breasts which were also good. Portions were generous - we only had room to share a dessert.
Even as we were leaving at 9.20pm a very accommodating lady was allowing people in - even if only for a pizza or sandwich - despite the official closing time being 9pm. That would never happen in Scotland! The menu is so varied - from toasted sandwiches and pizzas to gourmet dishes - that a repeat visit seems inevitable. Can't wait.

5  Thank half-full55
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Go there for a pizza or for one of the traditional fish courses. Great old building and good service.

2  Thank Karl K