“Four day golden circle south coast”

Camping Cars Car Rental
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Overall this was a good experience. The staff were very kind and accommodating with any changes in pickup and drop off time. They provided a ride to and from the airport which was great. We rented a Ford Escape 4wd with a rooftop tent. The car was efficient and we did not have any problems with breakdowns etc. The tent was very comfortable and easy to setup. We did not have any problems with the wifi. However - the last night we were there we got some very heavy rain and wind, the foam mattress inside did get quite wet near the window that was against the wind (despite trying to position the car in order to have the mental side facing the wind). Luckily this was or last night there, but I don’t believe that the foam mattress would dry very quickly. It seemed as if there was another layer that was missing in each side of the door but we weren’t sure and that was what allowed rain to enter our tent. Other than that it was a great experience. I would definitely recommend only using this tent when the weather is predicted to be mild as the inside of our tent was quite wet after the heavy rain and wind on our last night.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"tents"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had an amazing experience with these guys. We were met at the airport by one of the owners who gave us a ride to their location and got us equipped and ready for 10 days on the road. The car, pop up tent and gear were in great shape and they made us feel welcome and confident with our trip, giving us good advice and tips. the price is more than reasonable for Iceland.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Booked 10 Day RV trip in Feb 2018 with $1000 deposit with CC, Final $3000 due April but they would not take CC for final payment, had to cancel receive refund and rebook with full payment. 4 days before travel they asked asked for air & P/U info but e mail did not go through, so I e mail info to US contact, also asking asking for Iceland contact info so we would call if P/U was needed, No response, when I talked to her after nobody picked us up or ever heard of CAMPANDA at airport and many international calls she said she email out info to company but forgot to e mail me, It gets worst but spent over $2000 in air, parking, hotel, and meals to spend 27 hr in Icelandand returned home.
I now have to fight to get $4000 back, I could not afford to rebook with another company because i do know if or when I will get a refund. If we do I will book another trip back to Iceland because the people we meet in the short trip were great

Bogi J, Manager at Camping Cars Car Rental, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Hello Jackmckusmc,
I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience dealing with Campanda and that you came all the way over here to Iceland without being able to explore our country, however I think you are writing a review for a wrong car rental. You say you talked to a female when you came here, but there is mo female working at our rental, and also we are also low budget car rental that never sees prices so high like you describe.
However, if you still think that you are talking about the right car rental, then please contact us so we can correct this misunderstanding and even assist you in getting your refund from Campanda.
Rg,
Bogi Jónsson

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Camping Cars was amazing, they were so easy to deal with after a long trip from the USA. We were picked up at the airport on time, checked out quickly and on our way to start the trip. We rented the SUV with a pop up roof tent...two of us slept in the tent and two reclined and slept in the car...saving on hotel fees for some of our trip. Highly recommend renting from camping cars!

1  Thank sandraroscoe
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 June 2018

We chose a Camping Cars vehicle instead of a campervan for our ring road trip for a few reasons - it's a regular vehicle (we were covered under my credit card insurance policy), everybody had a window (the campervans don't have windows for the back seats), and we had 4x4 capability (apparently May 2018 was the wettest the country has seen in a long time). We brought an extra tent for the second couple, and the entire set-up worked perfectly for our trip.

The staff at Camping Cars were all incredibly nice, the communication was excellent, and they were on-time for our pick-up at the airport and drop-off at the office. There was absolutely no hassle at all. I'd happily recommend this company to any of my friends.