Hotel Berg
US$131
Home Guesthouse(Keflavik)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$134
All reviewssmall harbourblue lagoonclose to the airportfishing boatsliving roomnorthern lightslast nightmake your own wafflessitting areaporridgenice restauranthot tubkeflavik airportkaffi duustea and coffeean early flighthot drinks
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is the place to stay if you like being pampered. Free pick-up from the airport, our room was ready at 9 am, our rental car was brought to the hotel, breakfasts are fabulous and are ready starting at 4 am for those who have an early flight. We were even driven to the only store in Keflavik that sells luggage to replace a damaged one.
The hotel is right across the street from a hiking trail overlooking the cliffs and ocean. There is a great restaurant just a three minute walk away. Our room was on two levels, with a view of the Harbour. This place was relaxing, quiet and in a beautiful setting. Kudos to Karolina, her husband and the friendly staff!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the Harbour.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Splurge48
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My second and third stays at the Berg.
As before, great service and staff who bend over backwards to help.
I was on a split trip to Keflavik, staying for a weekend before a road trip further North to go goose hunting, we had to leave a day early as my local host said the geese were in early, I was a little worried about cutting the trip short at short notice, but all was handled beautifully, confirming my opinion that the hotel and its staff cannot do enough to be helpful when asked, on the other plus sign is that the visitor is left in peace when no help is required, a perfect balance.

Even my car hire was taken care of on my behalf when I had to shuffle hire days to sort out the change itinerary, thanks also to Blue Car Hire for their help and understanding.

On my return for the weekend before going home, Blue Car were accommodating in fitting in with my time and requirements, even when things were changed at the last minute, both parties could not have been more understanding or helpful, right down to putting the results of my hunting in the freezer for me before I went home, I hope that the goose that was left with them cooks well!

I will be back next Spring and will be staying at the Berg and hiring from Blue Car again, I cannot wait to sit in that wonderful living area at the Berg again watching the weather roll into the harbour, truly one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Tell the staff what you want when you book and if it can be done it will be! Upstairs rooms are great but keep in mind no lift if you have a problem with access. Ramped access to ground floor nicely done.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Nothing gets you better prepared for a week in Iceland than to begin to decompress from hectic time changes and travel headaches in a splendid accommodation like the Hotel Berg. That it is located in a quaint seaside fishing village only minutes from the International Airport is an added bonus. You would think that noise from the airport would be distracting, but such is not the case, as the location is not in line with any of the runway patterns, and noise is not a factor. The Owners are operating a first class establishment in all respects. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Frederic3030
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a perfect stay at this lovely small hotel on the edge of Keflavik town.
The room was very comfortable with all amenities.
The breakfast was just right and the complimentary tea & coffee were very welcome.
The staff were very helpful and the airport transfer perfect.
Thank you for a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlie13_13
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This hotel was our favourite in our trip to Iceland. We booked a suite which had big windows with views over the harbour. The staff are very friendly and the hotel is really homely with a nice breakfast served from 4am which you help yourself to, also a coffee machine available all the time. On the TV we could get UK channels amongst others which was great as the other hotels we stayed in had very little reception, pretty much only sky news. It is a 5 min drive from the airport and about 20 mins to the Blue Lagoon. We'd stay here again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple