“Fabulous Hotel Berg Iceland”
Review of Hotel Berg

Hotel Berg
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Keflavik
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Hotel Berg Iceland”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

A super little hotel with nothing too much trouble. Plentiful breakfast, constant teas and coffees available all day, beautiful lounge overlooking the harbour.

There is a fascinating supply of books and information in the lounge as well as the typical tourist information.

The staff are happy to wake you if the Northern Lights appear at night if you wish them to.

The rooms are to a nice standard cleaned carefully each day. They tidied up my cosmetics each day.

The airport is only 4k away but we never heard a plane at all morning or night It was very peaceful.

Just full of nice touches.

Room Tip: Tell them what you need and they will sort it.
1 Thank kazza2609

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Hertfordshire
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed 3 nights here very recently and I can concur with the last few reviews. A very comfy lounge awaits with free tea and coffee. The breakfast area is spotlessly clean and fully stocked for a hearty breakfast before a days exploring. Although the hotel has been opened for 2 years it still looks immaculate. Our upstairs room was very comfy with an ensuite shower. I made use of the hot tub twice although getting out into the cold wasn't fun. Everyone is polite,helpful and knowledgeable. We would like a suite next time so please don't read this then book........

essex
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Such a wonderful hotel. The staff are so pleasant and helpful, you feel part of the family. Excellent service, spotless every where and very warm. We had a suit, amazing value. Sitting room with sofa bed and shower room downstairs, double bed upstairs. Lots of room and more than we had imagined. Breakfast and return transfers included in very reasonable price.
It was lovely staying in Keflavik rather than in the Capital, it is quaint and friendly. Very easy to travel around and not too far from the main roads. Really want to return....

Room Tip: Don't think there is a problem with room choice. We had guests in the rooms either side of us an...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank debs1301
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed very briefly at Hotel Berg, on my way to the US in November. I actually had the cheapest room in the hotel - the more expensive ones must be uber-luxurious, as I thought mine was immaculate. Very spacious, extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean. The living room is so warm and cosy - perfect for the cold nights or to look out over the harbour in the summer! The family who run the hotel are so helpful - they picked me up from the airport at midnight and dropped me off again the next day. The breakfast (included in your room price) was excellent - anything you might want. I plan to come back to Iceland and will *definitely* stay at Hotel Berg.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed last year in December for 4 days and had such a wonderful time here when we booked a trip back to Iceland, it was obvious we'd stay at the Hotel Berg again.

After a very smooth check in and a hello to their dog Thomas, we were showed to our room on the first floor (I think this floor was being done last year so it's all new!) and it was gorgeous. Such a homey feeling and everything was so comfortable. There was a large bed, a sofa, a chair, large tv, desk, lovely view of the night sky. They kindly provide you with shampoo, body lotion, shower caps, bars of soap and cotton pads. Also they leave biscuits and a cake out down in the breakfast area if you feel hungry with your coffee (they have a coffee machine so you can come down whenever you like and help yourself....lattes were so good, miss them already!!)

I can't fault this hotel at all, everyone was so nice, it was great to see familiar faces again.

When we had a long drive to the east to see the glacier lagoon (the weather was terrible but it was so worth it in the end!!) we needed to get up at 4am, luckily, a cold breakfast buffet is available at 4am onwards and you have a choice for a hot option after 7am (I think!).

I can't wait to return on our third trip next year (there is just so much to see in Iceland it's insane!!)

I recommend this hotel to anyone! It's brilliant and deserves 5 stars or more. Thank you once again for such great hospitality.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank angelbee25
State of Sao Paulo
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel to access the blue lagoon and the airport. It was a great choice, since we had a car. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, clean, and with a nice decor. The whole hotel has a nice decor. The bathroom is nicely designed, with good towels and toiletries. I would, although, add some hooks for the towels.
Breakfast had good choices and is nicely arranged, with a homy touch.
My only negative comment would be that the rooms are a bit dark.
The airport is 5 minutes away, by car.
Highly recommended hotel if you have a car.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view to the harbor. The restaurant opposite the hotel is very good.
London, England
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Really fantastic B&B/Hotel. Family-run place with a great vibe, staff are incredibly friendly and can't do enough to help. Free pick-up/drop off service, even helped with directions and tips for places to see. A real breath of fresh-air, as i've been in far too many faceless oversized business hotels where you're just a name and a room number - the staff here go out of their way to make sure you have a comfortable stay. Big hotel bosses take note!

First night I stayed in a fantastic room with a large sofa and desk. It was incredibly cosy and accomodating and clean. Most of all after a long flight it was peaceful!

Final night I stayed in a ground floor room - a little less luxurious but a nice size. Again like the rest of the hotel it is spotlessly clean and modern.

All rooms come with a breakfast and the food is of a good standard. The communal living room area is incredibly comfortable and inviting and it's hard to pull yourself away to go to your room!

All in all would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Iceland and needing a base near to KEF airport, or the blue lagoon.

For me the only downside (and the reason i've knocked off one point) is that on the last night I noticed in our ground floor room that the walls are literally paper thin. I could hear the person next door showering, talking on the phone, and finally watching TV which kept me up until 1 am.

But that's the only gripe I have - will still be recommending to all of my friends!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keflavik
Hotel Keflavik
#3 of 9 in Keflavik
Northern Light Inn
Northern Light Inn
#2 of 3 in Grindavik

Been to Hotel Berg? Share your experiences!