My husband and I decided to stay in a hotel close to the airport for the final night of our honeymoon stay in Iceland. We were worn out from travel and fun, and wanted a place where we could rest, hang-out, have a drink, etc.. I booked us a room at a different Keflavik hotel online late the night before, and when we arrived at the hotel the next afternoon we were, well...disappointed, to say the least. Normally we would have just settled and made the best of it, but because it was our honeymoon, we decided that we should take the loss on the night's stay at the disappointing hotel and find something better. That's how we ended up at the Icelandair Hotel. What a relief! The staff was amazing, and the hotel manager took pity on us and gave us a great deal and a great room to spend our final honeymoon night in. The hotel itself is clean and modern and well-equipped and the room was even more so...light-filled and luxurious (which is exactly what we were looking for). We hung out in the bar that evening and had great martinis and excellent service from the waitress/bartender, and the free breakfast buffet the next morning blew us away! This was no cold-cereal and toast breakfast buffet...there were eggs and cereal and meats and cheeses and bread and fresh-made waffles and fruit and coffee and juice...I could go on. It was amazing. There is no way I could give Icelandair Hotel anything less than 5 stars as they went out of their way to make our stay a beautiful one. I highly recommend it as the place to stay in Keflavik.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The management and staff at Park Inn by Radisson Reykjavik Keflavik Airport extend a warm welcome to you and stand ready to make your time in Keflavik and the Reykjanes peninsula unforgettable.• 5 min. from the Keflavik International Airport • 4-star accommodation • Popular local restaurant: VOCAL • Bar & Café • 77 rooms- Standard / Superior / Suite • Free heated indoor parking • Wireless Internet • Art gallery featuring Icelandic artists • Located in Keflavik's city center • 15-min. drive to the Blue Lagoon • 2-minute walk to the sea • Walk to bars, clubs & restaurants • Free Transport to Keflavík Airport for our hotel guests every 30 minutes between 05.00am and 08.00am and one trip at 12.00pm. • Please confirm this option with reception before arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Park Inn by Radisson Reykjavik Keflavik Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Icelandair Flughotel Keflavík
- Icelandair Flughotel Hotel Keflavík