“Great base for visiting Reykyavik”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
JohnmB862...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great base for visiting Reykyavik”
Reviewed 23 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

We didn't realise that Siggi stays in one of the 2 bedrooms in the apartment. This was not an issue at all, although a new experience for my wife and myself.We had a wonderful stay, and he was the most genuine host you could wish for. Great views from our balcony and panoramic views from the apartment. Good shower, (no bath) and apartment always warm. Regular bus service into town, 5 mins walk away. Into the city in 15 minutes. This is a lovely apartment in a really nice area. Modern cafe downstairs offering sanwiches,pastries and coffee.
We arrived on Mon. 19th Feb. and left on Thu. 22nd. We felt we had chosen very well and meeting and sharing time with Siggi was delightful. Many thanks.

9 Mar 2018
Thank you so much John. I am glad you and Anne Marie enjoyed your stay at my home, living with the local people of Iceland. It was nice to get to know you. We had some fun my fellow DJ :-) Wonderful guests. Always welcome back my friends.
BarnabyMy...
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome Stay!”
Reviewed 13 October 2017 for a stay in June 2016

Siggi was a wonderful host. His house is right near a major bus station in Kopavogur ( a suburb of Reykjavic), and once you get used to the bus system, it's pretty easy to get to downtown and back (though transit stops at midnight. Taxis are expensive there, so plan accordingly). There are a couple restaurants near him as well as a supermarket, making it easy for the discerning guest to get some good breakfast supplies...which may be particularly useful as Iceland isn't super into brunch places like we are in the States. There is a small coffee shop near his house that makes a few VERY tasty sandwiches for breakfast and lunch if you're so inclined. I was there for the mayhem of the European Championship Cup, and was able to enjoy the pure elation of Iceland as they had just beaten England and were taking on France. Siggi is a proud Icelandic native, and he was awesome in helping me get caught up in the fervor of the event. Watching the game downtown with thousands of Icelanders was an experience I'll never forget, and Siggi being there to enjoy it with me made it all the better. He was also very helpful in getting me acclimated in general. He knows his country pretty well, and can tell you about the Golden Ring tour if you're interested in taking an excursion (there are a TON of options to go exploring with tours). Definitely worth planning a bit ahead, as popular tours and time slots get snagged up. There really isn't much to do downtown, so plan on enjoying the natural beauty of Iceland. Seriously though, the views from the balcony are ridiculous. The photo in the profile doesn't do it justice. In early July the sun doesn't set (the midnight sun), so you can enjoy the crazy views at any time, and several different lighting aspects to appreciate the views with. Siggi is just one of those hosts that make a good trip into a great one. It's always a huge asset to have kind and intelligent hosts to help in a foreign country. All in all an excellent host to go with an excellent adventure. Thanks Siggi!

21 Feb 2018
Thank you so much for your kind words Barnaby. I am so glad you liked it so much. Fun and cool to have you staying at my home. Always welcome back my friend.
Christian...
“excellent place I really can recomment to everybody”
Reviewed 28 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We had a really beautiful time at Siggis home, this guy is one of the greatest and friendliest person I ever met, if there is once more the possibility for me to visit Iceland his place is the absolutely first choice I'll try to book. Siggi spent a lot of his time for showing us many beautiful places in the landscape as personal guide, so at the end after that one week stay we saw many many nice things, were able to taste strange fermented shark, watching wales jumping directly in front of the boat, got very tasty meal he cooked for us ( by the way, we found out that he really enjoys selfmade swabian Spätzle ;-) ), had a beautiful view from his balcony so at the end I just can recommend to everybody who is searching a place in Iceland for a visit, try to book at Siggis place. At the end I just can say: thank you very very much, Siggi, best regards from my daughter Franziska und me

30 Sep 2017
Thank you so much for your kind words.
It was very nice to have you at my home.
Always welcome back my friends.
Daniel C
“Awesome Trip! Wonderful Host”
Reviewed 28 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

I stayed in this apartment in August for 6 nights. The location is excellent and Siggi, the host, is kind and gracious. I had a wonderful time there and would recommend staying there to anyone looking for a wonderful launching point for Icelandic adventures. I even went on a day tour with Siggi too. He was a great guide and a history scholar as well.

30 Sep 2017
Thank you so much for your kind words Daniel.
It was very nice to have you staying at my home.
You are always welcome back my friend.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing