“Elegant indoors and great food!”
Review of Rio Reykjavik

Rio Reykjavik
Ranked #28 of 568 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I wasn't sure what to expect from this place but surprisingly Rio Reykjavik is a really good choice for everyone who wants to meet friends and have a very good food. Menu offers various options for a food lovers. As a vegetarian, I am happy to highlight a very tasty veggie meals available. Highly recommend Rio for a casual meeting place with friends, family or co-workers. Good selection of food and wine will make your day.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Great place. I chose Rio through TripAdvisor and was not disappointed. The food was wonderful - really enjoyed the tacos especially the beef and langoustine. Worth a visit.

2  Thank fran389
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Welp. I guess this place is fantastic if you are not Mexican, or Latina, or from California.
This is for the beef taco:
It was the worst of times, it was the soggiest and flavorless of times. This taco only resembled a taco in that it was folded in a flat-bread. That's it people. It then had an amalgam of strange flavors that made me think some person had, perhaps long ago, tried a taco and then thought it was merely a bunch of random flavors thrust together and presented on some rolled up flat-bread. Pickled flavor onions--WHY?! Crunchy business on top, tasted like crumbled corn nuts--again, WHY?! Sauces that had no right to be on top of that flavorless and lukewarm shredded meat! No Cilantro!?! Tacos are not that difficult, my friends.

The service was fine, they were friendly enough.

I'll stick to the meat soup and hot dogs while here. Come to Cali/Baja and taste real tacos!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The. Best. Tacos. I’ve. Ever. Had.
Ever!
When I go to Rio Reykjavík to indulge myself (which is almost all the time) I’m always amazed at how delicious food can actually be. That being said: I’m oh so happy that tomorrow is taco Tuesday! Everyday should be taco Tuesday!!

1  Thank Heiða Berglind F
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I was at Elding Whale Watching's office at the harbor in Reykjavík, and a guy there recommended this place.

As a Texas, I know what Mexican food is supposed to be like, and all I can say is that this place must know a Texan or two--everything I had (all vegetarian) was great.

But on thing stood out. There's the Ountz Ountz Ountz taco. Fake chicken that would fool a chicken. As a recent-is vegetarian, I remember regular chicken. I don't think real chicken has much flavor, but I miss the texture in tacos. And this stuff (Ountz) is just the same as strips of regular white meat, without a need for chicken torture.

I asked the owner about it. He told me that it's a new Swedish product. They called it "Ountz Ountz Ountz" in homage to the club beat.

Beer was good, too!