“Beautiful Apartment.”

Reykjavik4you Apartments Hotel
Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My Husband and I stayed in these apartments in Sept for 10 nights to celebrate my 50th and would definitely recommend them. Very clean (and i'm fussy!) and furnished "ikea style". The location is perfect, very central to Reykjavik and yet extremely quiet. As we are avid coffee drinkers we visited the recommended bakery opposite the apartments on our first morning. We definitely did not agree that this bakery was good. We would rate it as just average, nothing special and if you appreciate quality coffee head to any of the numerous other coffee shops. We loved "Roasters" where they grind their own coffee beans. Places we visited that we loved included the Nesjaviller geothermal power station,(on route to the golden circle) and we travelled 5 hours by car to see the icebergs at Jokusarlon lagoon. This is the most amazing thing we have ever seen. Well worth the drive. Every day on route we passed volcanoes, geysirs, humoungeous waterfalls, lava flows, glaciers and geothermal springs. Awesome! We have to say this has probably been our best holiday, from the wonderful apartment to the scenery, but be prepared to travel to get the best experience of this unusual country. We can't wait to return. Don't hesitate in booking, you won't be disappointed! BTW bring a warm waterproof coat and flat shoes!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Reykjavik4you Apartments Hotel

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed in an apartment which was located in the city center, in a different place than the reception desk. We didn’t need a car while in town as we could easily walk everywhere from the apartment.

The services provided were great, the person in charge who first took us to the apartment showed us the places around (supermarket, good restaurants…), they have a whole bunch of DVDs available and they also leave you a complimentary cell phone.

The apartment was really comfortable and we found everything we needed, including many kitchen tools which allowed us to cook everyday and even baked birthday cake! For us, French people, the only thing that was missing, was a cork screw :)

It really felt like home!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2013

They run more than one building - when we got to their check in reception area - the helpful lady had us follow her in her car to the location where our deluxe 2 bedroom apartment was located. The apartment building has no signage which I assume is for security purposes - so I won't give out the address here. Suffice it to say, it is on the quiet, away from the clubbing, closer to the water, side of town. It is literally around the corner from a main street which has a Bonus grocery store two minutes walk away and LOTS of restaurants and cafés - a perfect location. Parking was at a public lot - again, a minute's walk away.

The deluxe two bedroom was super clean, large, tastefully appointed apartment - everything and exactly as their website advertised. Beds very comfy, kitchen well stocked with utensils, plates, pots and pans etc. I do wish it had a washer and dryer but I never did find any apartments in Reykjavik that did. The cell phone for making local calls is brilliant. I was not disturbed by any street noise.

Note: the Euro rate on Reykjavik4you's web-site, when I converted it to Canadian dollars at the current exchange rate, was considerably cheaper than the three mainstream travel booking sites I looked up who posted the apartment rate in Canadian dollars. So I booked the apartment using Reykjavik4you's website and had absolutely no issues.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BLBtoronto
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Close walking distance to everything in the city center. Extremely well maintained, clean, apartments. Oldest bakery in Iceland directly across the street. Free parking. Really can not say enough about how nice this place is to stay. My wife wanted to move to Reykjavik after we stayed here for a few days. Office staff very helpful. We stayed in a different apartment in town a week earlier and by comparison this apartment was far superior.

Room Tip: Third floor may have view over city from back porch.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank orangecityguy
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had a lovely 1 bed apartment. Very clean. Helpful staff. Lots of space. Quiet location seconds from the main streets. They give you a local phone to use. Handy. The oldest stone building in Reykjavik is in the car park. What more could you need?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I e-mailed Reyjkavik4you Apartments for information regarding rates, availability and how close they were to the city centre. I received a rather unhelpful reply referring me to their website (which I’d already browsed at some length) but saying I should feel free to contact them. With plenty of experience of accommodation websites quoting rates which are different to reality I had thought it best to double-check. I had also noted in various Tripadvisor reviews that the apartments were located at two different sites and so I e-mailed them back asking where the two sites were, which was more central, and if this had an impact on rates, none of which is mentioned on their website. No reply.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank travelbugw0rld
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We got 2 apartments for a week in October, hoping for a total break from the 9 to 5.

We didn't really get that because this place felt so much like home - actually it was nicer than my home, the apartments were clean and airy and we got freshly laundered towels each day!

The apartment complex was pretty central - everything in "the city" is walk-able.

I would definitely love to stay here again - thank you to the friendly, helpful team.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends