“Fabulous stay in Reykjavik”

Reykjavik4you Apartments Hotel
Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Absolutely wonderful spot. The apartments are located a few steps from the main shopping and tourist streets in Reykjavik, yet are quiet and self contained. The apartments are really well equipped if you wish to cook and eat in. The owners were so accommodating even when Expedia had cancelled our booking (with no notification or advance warning)! They found a one bed apartment for us (even though it was a big inconvenience for them as they were nearly fully booked) and only charged us the price of a studio apartment (which we had actually booked). I would definitely book here if returning to Reykjavik - which I hope to do!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tri201407
There are newer reviews for Reykjavik4you Apartments Hotel

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment for 2 nights in June. No problems, easy check-in procedure, very comfortable bed, clean and all amenities one would expect at this level. They even provided a cell phone for free local use. Location was excellent, 2 minutes from Bonus supermarket, and the shopping district. The main sites we were interested in were also very nearby, yet this apartment was so quiet.
Definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor on the street, and it was still very quiet, so any should be good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank aldeb001
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have been using TripAdvisor for years...WAY before this website every became popular, I was reading and writing reviews. After reading the reviews for this place, I knew this is where I had to stay...and I definitely made the right decision! From the minute I arrived to the minute I left, I really enjoyed my stay at this apartment hotel.

It's in a GREAT location, walking to distance to all the important places you want to see in Reykjavik. The apartment itself is wonderful...very spacious, great balcony, clean, comfortable and in a safe neighborhood (I was traveling solo). The owner greeted me and gave me great advice on where to go and what to see and he truly cares about the people coming to stay at his place, he goes out of his way to accommodate his guests, thank you very much (his wife and daughter are lovely too:)).

There is a great bakery across the street where I had a coffee and pastry every morning. In addition, it was easy to get to and from the airport to this Apartment/Hotel...it dropped me off right in front of the building.

I can't wait to go back to this magical country...I had such a nice time. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when I return. Don't miss out, this is where you want to stay!

Thank you for your hospitality and lovely accomodations!

Room Tip: I loved my room, it was on the top floor!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank gratitude13
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have stayed here twice now and will always return every time we come to Reykjavik. The location of the apartments is absolutely perfect, a short stroll to the main shopping streets and parking on site. We loved having the option to cook for ourselves and there are plenty of supermarkets nearby to stock up on groceries. The apartment we stayed in was very comfy and warm. The staff are very friendly and went out of their way to help us. We absolutely loved staying here and can't wait to go back.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravellerAus13
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our family spent two nights in a ground floor, 2 bedroom apartment on our way back to the U.S. from Sweden. The apartment was fantastic. The kitchen had everything one would need to prepare a meal, wash dishes and dine comfortably. The bathroom was very modern and shampoo, hand soap and conditioner were provided. We were also given many extra towels and fresh bathrobes with slippers. The linens were modern and fresh. We were extremely satisfied with our apartment and would recommend it to anyone staying in Reykjavik. Last, but not least, the apartment is centrally located - we walked everywhere even though we had a rental car. Go the the bakery across the street. Delicious bread, croissants and sweets.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gretzkygirl
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed at one of these apartments with two of my friends, and we were really satisfied. Nice beds, good service (very good cleaning and we got surprised when they even did the wash up for us!) and a calm street with a great bakery outside. I really recommend this place!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend in October and really liked the apartments. They are spotless, bright and modern and the location is great. Having an apartment helps keep the coat of a trip to Iceland down by having a few meals in. I would stay here again if I return to reykjavik.

• Stayed: October 2013