“Novelty eating, fun to try”
Review of Svarta Kaffid

Svarta Kaffid
Ranked #17 of 502 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tiny family owned soup restaurant in the heart of Reykjavik We are the first "soup in bread" restaurant in Iceland. We've been serving soups in bread for over 20 years and still loving it. We don't take reservations, ever - but swing by and we will do our best to fit you in with smiles on our faces! :)
Reviewed 9 May 2014

First time i have ever had soup in a bread roll and it did a good job of warming me up. My partner and i really enjoyed it, i had mushroom soup while he had the spicy Mexican. Simple, but fun.

2  Thank Natalie R

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stopped in for our first lunch and it was so good. There was a veggie soup and meat soup and those were the only options for lunch. However, that was all you needed! I got one and my husband got the other and they were both so good. Nice and creamy and filling. The décor was adorable and quaint as well. Not too badly priced too considering some of the other places we went.

2  Thank Daisha O
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We went to Iceland for a long weekend. It isn't a Michelin Star restaurant but it's fun, relatively cheap for Iceland and the food is good. The soup is tasty, filling and warming especially when there is snow on the ground! I would certainly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I ate here for our first meal out in Reykjavik as we were automatically attracted by the decor. We also saw it did the soups in a bread made bowl which I really wanted to try. We are glad we went! The soups were delicious and filling (nothing too amazing but definitely fills a hole and is a nice experience- the bread is delicious!!). I also recommend the root beer- it's nice and traditional and not over sweetened,fizzy, commercial rubbish. The service is wonderful also- very friendly.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We popped in for a relaxed and easy dinner one evening - and received a warm welcome from staff. It is quite a small little place - maybe 12 tables? I had the ginger and coriander soup (delicious) and my date had the mexican meat. The bread bowls were delish as well - my date ate the whole thing! I wish we were staying longer so we could come back for more - this was one of my favourite spots in Reykjavik - and reasonably priced as well.