“Yum”
Review of Icelandic Bar (Islenski Barinn) - CLOSED

Icelandic Bar (Islenski Barinn)
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I really liked this place. We ate there two nights in a row in Reykjavik. Lots of traditional Icelandic food. You can read about my experience there, as well as my experience in Iceland, and see photos, on my blog heartisinlondon dot com.

2  Thank klc624

Reviewed 12 May 2012

Every time I go back to Reykjavik, the Icelandic Bar is one of my favorite handouts to drink an Icelandic beer. Cool place, cool people, great location! Staff super friendly!
Bernard

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Great food, great service and great prices. Their hot chocolate and shellfish soup are to die for!

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stopped by Icelandic Bar after reading reviews and confirming with the concierge at our hotel that this would be an excellent place to try traditional Icelandic food. We decided to order off of the "Jar" menu for the table so that we could sample all the traditional dishes - you could choose between everything from Puffin to whale to Icelandic cheeses. I would definitely recommend to order one or a few of those if you're looking to try some unique food. Additionally, all of their soups were delicious and were a great supplement to the small plates we ordered. I would absolutely go back here again, and recommend everyone stop in. Also, if you plan on going out afterward, just around the corner is a main street full of bars and pubs to stop into.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

We came in here to get out of a heavy snow fall (we had been walking around downtown for over 2 hrs in the snow and was frozen and hungry). We did not know anything about this place but dropped in as it looked interesting. They have a diverse menu for food and drink. We tried a variety of icelandic beers, and had puffin in a jar, lamb and skyr. It was all very good. we were there for probably over 2 hrs and was never rushed. The service was wonderful - the servers were friendly and told us about the food and beer. A lot of locals come here, along w/ tourists and it's a good mix. Reminds me of Washington Sq + a bit of East village. B/c of the Hotel Borg next door, it was easy to catch a cab afterwards. This restaurant is also across the street from the cafe paris, which is also very good.