“Michelin star”

Reykjavik, Iceland
“Michelin star”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The best restaurant in Reykjavik
Great flavors with seasonal icelandic ingredients, also perfect service. One of my best meals

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank Benni K

Basel, Switzerland
“Special Place, nice Food”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The restaurant interior is extraordinary and the Service is really good. We choose the 5 course menu with wine accompanionment. Lovely Food, special dishes.. I expected a little bit more, but definitely worth a visit!

3 Thank nofretete13
Ghent, Belgium
“Time well spent”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

What a contrast with the restaurant for tourists. DILL is really an experience! We immediately fell in love with the down to earth basic interior: old walls in combination with basic materials like concrete, leather, rope, metal and pottery lamps: the right setting for a superb food experience. We went for the full menu: this was a delicious journey through the local food Iceland has to offer. Beautiful originals plates, food is nicely put on the plate and the combination of tastes is a real discovery. Those people know about food! You could also feel that the waiters really like their job and have a good understanding of the DILL-experience and concept. That evening was well spent time !!!!

6 Thank Daniel M
Akureyri, Iceland
“Perfect wedding dinner!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I came to Iceland to elope and to honeymoon. An Icelandic friend recommended Dill for my wedding night dinner. She warned us it had recently moved but we followed the Google directions (which had yet to be updated). As a result, we went to the old location and had to walk to the new location. I became very tired and cranky and was tempted to just walk into a random restaurant to eat. I'm very glad we did not. DILL WAS WORTH THE WAIT AND TRAVEL. I was shown to the bar which are THE BEST SEATS in the house. There I watched the chef craft each dish with meticulous care. At Dill, the chef pushes the Icelandic culinary boundaries while maintaining a distinctly Icelandic flair. As each dish was served, an description of the local ingredients were provided. I absolutely adored my experience at Dill. It was a perfect dinner to a perfect wedding. Iceland captured my heart and I will return to this beautiful country. With each return, I anticipate a visit to Dill.

ps. All my photos below were part of the 7 course set menu for 1! I can't wait for my next visit.

8 Thank simmisoo
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Best restaurant of Reykjavik, if not to say ICELAND”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Gunnar and Gisli and their team have given us an unforgettable dining experience, far beyond our expectations!!

Visited May 2014