“Excellent food and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dill Restaurant

Dill Restaurant
Ranked #80 of 460 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$50 - US$90
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“Excellent food and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I highly recommend sitting at the bar. We had the 7 course meal and it was great to chat with the chef. Every course was explained in detail and the food was phenomenal. I ate things that I have never tried before and I loved everything. I would definitely go back to Reykjavik just for this restaurant. Just a note, google maps has the old location so call or double check before heading over. I highly recommend this place!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank RKD1982

Denver, Colorado
“Spectacular!! dining in Reykjavik”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

After reading the New York Times review I hastened to try to make reservations for one, and received immediate email confirmation. Dill provided a Chef's sampling (in the form of amuse bouche) of their seven courses available. The seven course meal with wine pairing is pricey but delicious and presented artfully. Service was exceptional. Local fare included Icelandic salmon, char, lamb, duck, and (not to my liking, common meurre).

Dill alone is a reason to take Iceland Air up on their offer for a short stopover in Reykjavik on your way to and from Europe.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank erparf
Singapore, Singapore
“Dill-eightfully Dill-icious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband came up with that clever title - he usually doesn't have input on my reviews, but we enjoyed our night at Dill so much he insisted I write my review immediately. We had 7-courses with wine pairing and everything was well-matched and delicious. We sat at the bar and were able to watch the chef and his team create each dish, all of which seemed to be made with care and love. The new space is warm and welcoming and I loved the ambience. Definitely our best meal in Iceland and we've eaten quite well since arriving a week ago. If you appreciate great food made by talented, thoughtful people, you should definitely visit Dill. And, if you can, do sit at the bar and talk to the chefs -- they'll make your experience even better.

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank rajithavinnakota
London, United Kingdom
“Nothing Dull about Dill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I can quite honestly say I had one of the best evenings of food at Dill I have ever had. It was very quiet the night we went, we arrived to find only one other table of eaters and with a lack of music it all felt a little odd. Feeling a little as if we were in the beautifully designed Alvar Aalto library in the room next door we spoke in a hushed whisper to each other. However you quickly realise that all senses must be saved for the food and food alone (ok maybe some carefully selected wine from our waitress). The cutting edge classic Nordic cuisine with modern spin is astonishingly creative. We went for the 5 course dinner, every dish was individual and inventive. Salt Cod a particular highlight for me and also the Christmas tree puree made from... Christmas trees. The menu changes from season to season, the staff are very knowledgeable about the menu and the building is a lovely spot to have some dinner. If you're in Reykjavik spend some pennies and go to Dill you won't regret it.

3 Thank Ian A
Seattle, Washington
“Uniquely perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Dill was everything that we hoped it would be. The food was delicious and creatively plated, the staff was amazing, and the restaurant itself was lovely. If you have a chance to eat here, take it.

Visited June 2014