“Golden Circle Tour”
Review of Iceland Horizon

Iceland Horizon
More attraction details
Owner description: Operating only a few select daily scheduled tours which are always in small groups, Iceland Horizon is a small, family run tour operation with no intention of becoming a large bus company. Our philosophy has always been that you are travelling on a guided tour and the bus is just a means of transport, keeping the experience more personal, friendly and fun for both travellers and guides. We also arrange tours for groups wanting a private or individual arrangement.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I just came back from my travels in Europe but the highlight of my trip was definitely Iceland. One of the reasons it was fantastic was because of wonderful tour guides like David. I went on the Golden Circle tour with him a couple weeks ago and he gave insightful commentary about Iceland and was also very friendly. The tour group is very small which gives an intimate feel. I would highly recommend booking your tour with Iceland Horizon! Do It!

2  Thank CoffeeNOW21

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had a great day today touring around the Golden Circle with Iceland Horizon.
Promptly picked up in the morning by our lovely tour guide. She was wonderful, full of knowledge and very personable.
The day was a good balance of time in the bus and getting out and about. Great sights visited, amazing beauty. Recommended.

2  Thank XploreDreamDiscover
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I really enjoyed the day long tour along the south shore - and I'm glad I picked this one, especially after hearing other tourists say that they enjoyed it more than Golden Circle. Such incredible beauty the entire drive, not to mention the stops at the falls and black sand beach in Vik. I also really enjoyed that Iceland Horizon travels with smaller groups/buses than other tour operators. Very positive experience - and hotel pick up was right on time and without a hitch! Hope to return someday and would definitely use Iceland Horizon again.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We loved this tour. It was the perfect length, the busses were good, the sights stunning and our guide really worked for his money and knew what he was talking about. He certainly hadn't found his facts on Google, but sounded like a historian (and might very well be one). Quality.
Bring your best camera, for you will really miss it If you don't. You get to stand one meter from geysers shooting 10-15 m up in the air.
(One minor improvement might be suggested: Ask people to hold on to their seats as there was a struggle for seats after every stop.)

4  Thank Snaddersnop
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We took the Iceland Horizon Golden Circle Tour and were mesmerized by the beauty of the country and the commentary of David, our tour guide. We learned so much about Iceland: history, government, culture, language. David loves the country and loves sharing it with others.
We had two children with us (ages 10 and 9) who enjoyed the tour as much as the adults. They especially liked having ":on their own" time at the sites, being free to run around and explore. We have had many travels and many tours and this one is absolutely the best!

3  Thank drucopeland