“Nature Explorer is the best!”

Nature Explorer Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Nature Explorer offers tours in Iceland in Super Jeeps or Super-Trucks, which are modified 4x4s, which enable us to safely drive on glaciers and across unbridged rivers and reach otherwise inaccessible terrains, so that you can explore more of Iceland. We are a small, family run Icelandic tour operator, with a team of expert driverguides with background in Mt. Search & Rescue, 4x4 instructors and professional guides. We have a passion for Iceland and take pride sharing it in a personalized service on a variety of day and multi day tours. On our day tours out of Reykjavik we have the smallest group size in the industry, only 5 passengers per Super Jeep, but we can also cater to larger groups, and we offer private tours. We hope we can share your Iceland adventure.
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We just returned from a fabulous trip to Iceland that would not have been possible without Nature Explorer and our wonderful guide, Asi. There were 6 of us, and we booked a 5-day, 4-night customized tour. We sent a list of our "must sees" and a list of "nice to sees." I don't think we missed a single thing on either list, including the Aurora. The 9-passenger super jeep can go anywhere! We drove over snow, lava fields, through rivers and thick, black sand, up rocks and onto glaciers. Asi was very knowledgeable of both the geology and history of Iceland. Our accommodations in the countryside were lovely, and Asi always found a place for lunch that offered choices for everyone. Please don't try to see Iceland on your own in winter. Hire a driver/guide who knows how to drive under any weather conditions and has a vehicle that can do it. If you stay on the ring road, you will see lovely views but miss the real experience that is Iceland. I highly recommend Nature Explorers!

1  Thank bkh
in 11 reviews
"south coast"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This super jeep tour is a great way to see the Golden Circle. Our guide, Ingi, did everything he could to make our trip both exciting and informative. I highly recommend this 8 hour tour to anyone who visits Iceland. It is the best way to capture the beauty of the country (especially if you are there for only a short period of time). Nature Explorer Tours clearly takes pride in their Customer Service and their Country.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

This was undoubtedly the best way to see the Golden Circle together with a glacier. The Nature Explorer super jeep was the perfect Iceland tour (and generally we don't care for tours). Our guide Asi provided both thorough knowledge of the country and a personal touch. Everything was well planned and executed, thanks to Asi. I would love to tour with him again when we return.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was the best photography workshop ever. I have been on quite a few that I really enjoyed but this was a notch above. Booked the workshop 10 months ahead of time and started researching all of the great sites and things to photograph. I was excited, but had no idea of the true beauty and wonder I was about to encounter. Nature explorer, run by a father son team, are Icelanders and know their way around. They were great at looking after us and making sure we had the experience of a lifetime. We did the Golden Circle in 5 days. Thought it would be a once in a lifetime trip, but now I am looking to return. So much to see, so much to photograph! A real Wow! experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This was easily one of the best tour decisions we have have made in our entire lives. We were originally going to book a helicopter tour but once we saw the ridiculous prices (as compared to Hawaii prices no less), we quickly changed our tune - and I am so glad we did. There is no way you would gain more from the experience from the air than you would on land in a tour like this.

We chose the Magnificent West + Glacier tour for the variety of sites offered. We had the pleasure of having Ingi as our guide and he was equally instrumental in making this day unforgettable. We were lucky enough to have the jeep to ourselves. The jeep was warm and comfortable but I suggest that you be prepared for whatever weather may be thrown your way. I was not prepared for rain and Ingi was nice enough to let me borrow an extra jacket he happened to have lying around when I needed it. From what I gathered, September seems to be a bad weather month for Iceland - although it seems that everyone says the weather is somewhat unpredictable and can change every 5 minutes regardless.

It was amazing to drive what seemed like a cycle through the 4 seasons in one day. We were driving by green pastures with clear blue skies then later driving through what was near blizzard conditions out on the glacier. We romped through the hills, bouncing around while splashing through huge puddles that showered the jeep at times. There were many areas we drove through where we felt like we were the only people on the planet. The lava tube cave, tectonic plate area, hot springs and the wall of waterfalls were all especially memorable. It also was pretty surprising to be able to drive right onto the glacier.

We didn't like the idea of this tour being so long at first but the time went by pretty quickly and Ingi offered a lot of interesting Icelandic history between attractions. For lunch we stopped at a cafe in the middle of nowhere by an old camp grounds where we had this amazing lamb stew that tasted as if it were made with the care of someone's Icelandic grandmother. It was a perfect meal to compliment such a perfect day.

2  Thank sneakyright