“Loved it so much went back a second time” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 455 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$18 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Loved it so much went back a second time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

This restaurant was right round the corner from our hotel. My friend and I ordered the fish and chips the first night. We got three battered fillets each, chips and a massive amount of lovely fresh salad. It was served with some condiments which included a chilli, garlic and onion chopped up very finely in soy sauce - really nice and zingy. When we went back our last night by friend ordered the pork tempura. I had the fish and chips again and it was just as nice the second time round. I had a chocolate cake with cream for dessert - it is more like a hot chocolate pud - very nice. The gentleman who served us on both occasions was lovely and very obliging even putting on the Andrea Bocelli CD I had heard there on my first visit.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Woburn, Massachusetts
“Tasty Fish & Chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

Read the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to try it. Very small place and a short walk from downtown. Our waiter was friendly and we all ordered fish & chips. The dipping sauces were great and we really enjoyed the side salad and a nice glass of wine.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Durham, United Kingdom
“I don't know how they do it - Just great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

These two people deserve a medal. So friendly and lovely food with faultless service - all on his own (the waiter) and the lady (chef) in the kitchen, as you will have read before me.
Beautfully cooked and presented food at excellent value. Huge portions and he brought us a mix of the freshest sticky rice and fries - we didnt need to ask. Then he topped us up without us having to ask again.
The only shame about this place is we didn't tip, as apparently its seen as rude to tip in Iceland. I hope it is as of all the places in the world over i've ever eaten (Michelin starred paces including) this is the place we wanted to leave a tip - there were eleven of us! As Harry deserved it.
I seldom write reviews either, but felt I needed to here.

Get the fish & chips or shrimp...and that soy/chilli/ginger sauce - unreal!!!!!!
Thank you Harry!

#mouthwaters

Northants
“Excellent. Book in advance!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

We were staying at Hotel Klettur so it very closely to this hotel and next door to Best Western. Delicious food. It's a cross between English fish and chips and Japanese things like tempura prawns or a curry. Very diverse but small menu. All four of us were very impressed with all meals. Four mains and a bottle of wine came to £84.

Portland, Oregon
“Our Favourite by miles.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

Harry's is very close to the Hotel Klettur and a short distance from the town centre. We ate in about six restaurants in town, including the 1st and 2nd rated on Trpadvisor. 1 and 2 were very good but spendy (London and New York prices), $200 a couple for us without going mad, in fact sort of skimping. So, to Harry's.
An Icelandic/Philipina man and wife, lovely people, very friendly (Icelanders are nice people but not very geared to service providing it seems, sort of reserved you could say. Maybe I have lived in the USA too long where the gushing bonhomie is overpowering ! ), these guys were terrific. The atmosphere is cosy and warm, it's a small place. The food was absolutely excellent, with good portions and good value by local prices. I had the grilled fish with chips with salad and it was first rate. If we sound like 'Okies' my wife is a high line caterer and we eat out a lot in a big range of restaurants all over the world ! I just like my English grub once in a while ! A tip, bring as much wine as you can to Iceland, they didn't bother us at customs. An average Chilean Chardonnay will run you $40 in Iceland (a $9 bottle in Costco USA) for example. Argentine Merlot about the same.
Everybody's dishes looked very good in Harry's, tip top service and ace people, thanks Christian.

Visited January 2013