“An home feeling”
Review of Our House

Our House
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Great place to stay. A 5 min walk from downtown and 10 min walk from the main bus station.

Fantastic atmosphere, Ernesto and Bedda are so helpfull and are always trying to inform us of what is happening in town (specially when it comes to music).

One of the main reasons I chose this place was that it was quiet. And I was not disappointed with that. During rest hours hardly any noise (some guests arrive in late flights but are quite respectfull for other people´s rest.

I will definitelly stay here again if they have a place for me to stay! It gets booked quite quickly, so book in advance if you want to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 July 2011

We started our around-the-world-trip in Island and decided to stay in Beddas House. Best decision ever!
Lovely place, where you feel home and cosy after a long day out in the snow and the cold of Island. Bedda helps you with everything, from renting a car to tips for going out at night to anything else you need. Totally relaxing! We stayed in the olds kid room, enjoyed the jacuzzi and the sauna. Kitchen with everything you need and absolutely clean place! Would have loved to stay there longer...we definitely come back one day to enjoy another pleasent stay!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Our house is friendly and clean. It rather felt like coming home. Upon arrival you take your picture and post it on the wall with your name so you get to learn who else is there and from where. Bedda, the owner is really helpful and cheery and the breakfast/kitchen setup worked well and was very communal so you get to meet some great people. The black cat who hangs around is a great cuddler and if you leave your outside window open you might wake up to him sleeping on your feet. We used the washer and dryer there which worked great and were generally available and Bedda kept some of our gear for a week while we traveled elsewhere. (Just note that it wasn't locked up but I somehow didn't worry about that). When I'm back in Reykjavik I'll be dropping back in at Our House. If you want quiet solitude you'll need to find it elsewhere but if you want a home atmosphere with the necessary amenities Our House is it!

Room Tip: Upstairs might be a bit more quiet
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Can't say enough about how pleased were with staying at Our House. Two thumbs and two big toes up, our biggest disappointment is that we couldn't stay longer. Highlights were sun tanning on the deck drinking limitless espresso, Bedda's hospitality and ernesto's help with directions and recommendations. If I had no budget I would stay here again, beats any hotel. Thanks Bedda, she who walks on fire!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 20 June 2011

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at.... in the world!
There is endless coffee, a sauna in the basement, Ernest from Spain works here and he is an absolute delight to deal with. Bedda - the house owner is the cutest Icelandic person I have ever met and she is oh! so sweet she just might make you some traditional Icelandic porridge.
Breakfast is included, there is a rooftop terrace and bicycle to take whenever you like.
The house atmosphere is so cozy with delightful decor and a black cat lazing around in the sunroom.
I would come back to stay at this hostel any day! In fact, I wish that I lived there.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I have stayed in many hostels but nothing like this one. First of all, Bedda and Ernesto are amazing, super friendly, eager to help you, funny, positive energy. The hostel itself is VERY clean, safe, and provides many luxuries like laundry, sauna, jacuzzi, free internet, the list goes on. But what makes this place even sweeter is the cozy atmosphere that brings travelers together like no other hostel I have stayed at. Awesome....will come here over and over...thanks Bedda!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2011

If you are looking for a memorable, affordable, and flat-out amazing place to stay in Reykjavik, you must stay here! Bedda is a superb host, she will make you feel so welcome. I stayed in a dorm room which was very comfortable with ample space. Everything is very clean. The kitchen space is excellent, and I cooked a lot of meals here saving me a lot of money in this very expensive (yet awesome) city. The other five or so guests while Iw was there were very friendly - we went out together a couple of nights - and it felt a bit like a pan-international hostel with a very personal vibe. Bedda also includes a delicious self-serve breakfast which helped me get the day off right. Bedda also put up recommendations for things to do each night, even though Reykjavik is a small city, there are a lot of concerts, screenings etc. every night and it was helpful to figure out what are the best things to do. Free use of Internet too. I can't recommend this place enough - if you're looking for one of the best accommodations you'll ever come across while backpacking around the world or on a long weekend getaway, stay here!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo