Our House
US$376
US$235
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Reykjavik Lights by Keahotels(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$292
US$226
US$443
  • Restaurant
Hilton Reykjavik Nordica(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$399
US$315
Hotel Reykjavik Centrum(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$231
  • Restaurant
US$499
US$461
Travelocity
All reviewshome away from homeother guestsupstairs bathroomguest houseroof terracefree phoneplace to staycoffee machinelocation is fantasticexcellent staycomfortable bedscentral reykjaviknorthern lightsjohannessaunaguesthousechurch
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This is located in the heart of Reykjavik near the main cathedral Hallgrimskirkja. The cafes and restaurants were nearby. Our House even has a sauna and a nice terrace for you to relax in. Of course, the host was very friendly and it was nice to get intelligent and personal responses. The price to quality ratio was also quite acceptable but guess this can be subjective depending on where u are from. Overall, clean rooms & bathrooms, sufficient laundry and kitchen facilities with great location.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ray_CSY
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Booked this place based on ALL of the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. And the reviews were spot on. The caretaker Ernesto was there for you if there were any questions and was very friendly and helpful. I was in email contact with the owner Bedda for several months before arriving based on my flight to Iceland not being guaranteed. She was very understanding about the situation and I am super happy to have made it. I was only able to meet Bedda once in my 4 night stay but this is all anybody needs to know about her. I happened to have a birthday occur during my stay and mentioned it to her in a general conversation when I first met her. I went out a couple of times later that afternoon and the second time I came back, there were birthday goodies and a hand made card made out from her! Over and beyond what was necessary! I agree with all of the reviews below in saying that I felt like I was really in my house after a few days staying there. Everything you could possibly need is there and there are a ton of quirky things all around, even some that I apparently missed upon reading the reviews again.

I recommend going to Iceland for any traveler out there. You will love the local people and will want to return. I never thought I would feel this way but I do. And when you do go, stay at Our House. Bedda has a great thing going. 112 people to date (including myself) can't be wrong!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dan809
Reviewed 15 June 2014

What a great little place to stay. Very well situated within the city.
Pretty much left to your own devices although a caretaker in on hand with advice if required.
Help yourself to breakfast, then wash up and clear away dishes. Perfect.
Make as much tea/coffee as you wanted.
Nice quiet area, so plenty of sleep.
Highly recommended, ( very highly in fact)

Room Tip: All rooms looked great but we had a ground floor which was perfect for us. It was near the kitchen for the late cup of tea before sleep time
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coinman1
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Road trip around whole island start over here. It is very nice place. I was there only one night but I had really very good feeling. I did not meet there any personal but everything was perfect prepare for me, event with gift in the form of small chocolate :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cefan
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was by far one of the best places I've ever stayed and I'm including 4 star resorts etc. The best thing about this place is how comftable you feel and how quickly you feel it! Me and my husband arrived in the morning after flying quite early and as we came round the corner it looked lovely already :) There was a cute envelope on the window with our keys in it and a little note to welcome us. We let ourselves in and the house was lovely!

It was warm, with the radio on and so homely. I already had a smile on my face. Forgetting about our tiredness instantly we ran around the house exploring like kids! Our room was nice with a really comfy bed and a nice little welcome pack. It was so warm as well, they really know how to keep you snuggly in Iceland! We went and had a shower as we felt a bit yuk after our flight and the shower was lovely. After this we bumped in to Bedda and she couldn't have been nicer :) She showed us all around the house and made sure we were happy. She was so lovely we couldn't help but feel at home. She also took our photo with a instant camera so we went up on the board and I have to say I love that touch!

Everything at Our House was great. We loved using the kitchen to cook and there's a great selection of cereals, bread etc. for breakfast. Our House really helped us keep our costs down when it came to food. There's a little shop round the corner also if you want to buy food to make dinner. We also sat in the kitchen quite a lot or listened to record sin the other room just relaxing as we loved the rooms so much.

While we were here we only had a few other people staying so it was quite quiet. Never a queue for any of the toilets, showers etc. and I think even if it was busier you'd be fine. I even tried the bath one night after a long day that was nice. We also used the sauna which was awesome :)

Ernesto was always around to help and for a chat also, he was a lovely guy! The house was always spotless as well. I actually didn't want to leave!

Book Our House, you will not be disappointed, just seriously happy :)

Room Tip: Our room was at bottom of house at back, even though it was on the street it was very quiet. Good room to have!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple