“Beautiful Iceland - Great Tour”
Review of Season Tours

Season Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whether you are interested in sailing, hiking, driving, strolling or flying above Iceland, Season Tours can fulfill your dreams and cater to all your wishes. Specialized, knowledgeable guides provide the rest as they educate, inform, entertain and inspire you on your travels. Season Tours is a company that specializes in small groups and personalized services. The staff is dedicated to rendering quality service. The guides were educated at the University of Iceland and will not only show you around the beautiful and inspiring nature of Iceland but also tell you all about the Vikings, the Icelandic Sagas, the history of Iceland, the geology, culture, cuisine, flora and fauna. The interesting and well documented 1100 years of human habitation of this volcanic island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean will come alive at the places where the most significant events took place.
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful Iceland - Great Tour”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We booked our tour with Seasons on-line before we left on our cruise across the North Sea. It was the Circle Tour which is very popular. When we got to Reykjavik it was a windy, rainy day. Tyffi was waiting for us with umbrellas and took us for coffee and traditional Icelandic treats at a bakery. We, my husband and I, we're the only passengers in his car for the tour. Though the weather was not good that day, the tour was brand. What a beautiful country Iceland is.

Tyffi is very knowledgeable and has a great deal of pride in showing off Reykjavik. He had stories of Iceland's history and legends - so entertaining. We visited the main attractions as well as some lesser known sites that I remember fondly. We thoroughly enjoyed our day. Tyffi is a kind and charming gentleman. I highly recommend Season Tours.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank motherdude1
Tyffi, Owner at Season Tours, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Motherdude
Thank you for kind review it´s highly appreciated. I am proud of you and your husband not letting the rain stopping you from seeing the great sights. I enjoyed your company and hope to see you again in my beautiful Country.
Kind regards
Tyffi: guide, chef and co owner of Seasontours.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing day! Made my trip to Iceland!”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I just returned from my trip to Iceland, and I must say that Gunnsi and Helle made my entire trip. I had booked the city walk and drive tour, as I wanted to learn the history. When booking the tour, I had asked if there were a couple of places we could visit, and it was no problem fitting them into the tour. Gunnsi was probably the best guide I've had - so enthusiastic and such a passion for what he does - I learned so much! It was a spectacular day visiting so many places, that by the end, I felt as though I had made a new friend! But the day didn't end there - Helle picked me up at night for the Northern Lights tour. I know that it's a chance you can see them, and well, luck was on our side. As we were driving out of town (and chatting about the lights and life in Iceland), they became visible. Couldn't believe it! The spot we stopped at was perfect - was able to take so many amazing pictures (and a few with me in them) - with the help of Gunnsi setting my camera up earlier in the day, and Helle making suggestions to try based on the conditions. I could not have asked for more of a PERFECT experience!

From the beginning (emails to set it up, very easy!) to the end (receiving links to the pictures that were taken on the tours, a very thoughtful touch!), THANK YOU Season Tours for making my trip to Iceland! I look forward to returning! :)

Visited November 2013
2 Thank clwtravels
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great tour with Tyffi!”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My sister and I took a trip to Iceland in August with Tyffi as our guide--he was an amazing host, chef, storyteller, and tour guide. Everything was taken care of. My sister loves food, and Tyffi made sure that that was a big part of our trip (he's an amazing chef himself and former owner of a very fancy lobster house in Reykjavik). He told us ghost stories and folk tales, showed us the best outdoor springs, and drove us everywhere. He was very kind and made sure we were okay at the airport at the end of the trip, and we were very happy to have had him as our guide.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank dcao
Tyffi, Owner at Season Tours, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
You are to kind with your nice review. I had a wonderful time showing you around my interesting Island. I send you kind regards from: me, our ghosts, hidden people and trolls. I am very happy being your guide on your visit. There are so many things and food adventurous people like you need to experience, so I am waiting for your return.
Tyffi
Arecibo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The Dinner Tour alone is worth a trip to Iceland!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I went on this dinner tour with my wife, son (1.75 years old) and mother. Words cannot express our Dinner Tour experience with chef Tyffi.. It was THE best part of our trip. He was an incredible tour guide and chef, but more importantly than that an excellent host and human being. He is funny and immensely knowledgeable. Most companies we took tours just drive you to the places tell you to be back in 30 minutes in the bus and move on. Season Tours is completely different, Tyffi got out the bus with us in every single stop and even returned to the same spot and gave my wife the tour(for the second time) because she got held back with the baby. He was very accommodating with our needs because of our baby throughout the entire tour.

After numerous stops, beautiful landscapes, shops and interesting sites we went to his gorgeous home. Tyffi opened the door took our coats and made us feel right at home. Here is where he transformed from a outstanding tour guide to an exceptional host, he is a true gentleman.

He had appetizers and drinks waiting for us when we got there. He explained as he cooked the dishes and joked a lot (he is very funny!) His wife got home before we started to eat only to add to the experience. She was equally incredible and considerate (She even took the baby for a while so we could finish eating!).

The food was THE BEST we had in our entire trip (and we went to a LOT of good restaurants). The food alone is worth the price of the entire tour, it is that good!

If we had known better we would have booked all of our tours with SeasonTours. Booking with them make our day from being good to being THE greatest travel experience in our life.

Learn from our experience and book all your tour with SeasonTours. You will remember them for the rest of your life. I don't consider them our tour guides, I consider them my friends.

To Gunnsi and Tyffi, You have created a unique and personal experience that has a huge impact on people's lives. You are unrivaled by other companies, please don't ever change!

Un abrazo!

Visited October 2013
5 Thank TRSTA
Puerto Rico
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A Day To Remember!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Our family of four booked the Reykjanes Peninsula Tour, and also included an hour and a half in the Blue Lagoon. This tour was AMAZING.

Words cannot describe how Gunnsi, our incredibly charming tour guide made us feel. We could tell he was passionate about Iceland and its stories, and was also incredibly patient with our two year old. They were friends by the end of the tour!

This tour was one of our last in Iceland after almost 9 days, and we regretted so much not booking ALL of our tours with Season Tours. We chose different companies, to avoid getting stuck with a bad one, and honestly, the two tours we went on with Season Tours were EXCEPTIONAL.

It was such a personalized service, and tailored to our needs, we wanted more. At the end of our journey in Iceland we felt like we had made new friends there.

I cannot stress enough how DIFFERENT this company is from all other companies we toured with. Both Tyffi and Gunnsi are spectacular human beings, and they took the time to teach us about their culture, and provided us with unforgettable memories.

We are definitely going back to Iceland, and hope EVERYONE experiences their trip with Season Tours, so they will have the best travel experience they can have.

To Gunnsi and Tyffi, keep rocking those yours. You're both now two of my favorite people in the world (and María too!). Besos y abrazos desde Puerto Rico.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank correoparalimari
Gunnsi, Manager at Season Tours, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for your most kind words. With such a great company as you and your family is, nobody can go wrong in being your tour guide. Hope to see you again some day in Iceland.
Kind regards,