“White night hike plan B”
Review of Goecco

Goecco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience the real Iceland on our down-to-earth eco-friendly tours. We are known for finding new places and inventing new tours guided by real men and women. Come along if you want to disconnect from reality and connect with nature. Bring big smiles, an open mind and a generous spirit!
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Jonas contacted us the day before our scheduled white night hike to tell us there was a lot of rain along the hiking trail and it was muddy and slippery. He asked if we would mind going on a different hike to see 2 lava caves and then going to a different geothermal pool. I was definitely OK with it so off we went, the rain was coming down pretty good and it was very dark overcast so the visibility was not great. We drove to the first cave, about a 1/2 hour outside the city. It was interesting to see, but not the coolest thing I had seen this week. The second cave was another 1/2 hour away, it was a little more interesting only because I remember the Batman scene that was filmed there. We then headed for the pool, first stopping at a small store to get some snacks. I remember thinking I wasn't that impressed with the caves and the tour to that point. What happened after completely changed that whole thought process...

By the time we get to the pool, it is really raining hard, the wind is howling, and the temperature dropped a few more degrees. We all get into our bathing suits and blindly head over this small hill. We are frigid at this point, and finally get into a small stream that is just above our ankles, but toasty warm. We then single file climb up the stream to the source which is this pool about 15 feet long, 5 feet wide and 3 feet deep. Aside from the mouth that pours into the stream, the other 3 walls are rock walls that are about 6 feet high. So when to get deep into the pool, you are surrounded/barricaded from the elements while soaking in the most heavenly warm bath water you have ever felt. Jonas then brings down some wine and we sat in there for close to 3 hours. Some of us bravely/idiotically would jump out and go exploring with a flashlight only to quickly come back seeking the comfort of the pool. After those 3 hours, we 1 by 1 would take turns to head back to the small shack next to the car to get changed. Jonas had sandwiches and hot chocolate waiting for us, which tasted so good at that point. We were warm, dry, and full (maybe a little drunk) and headed back.

Jonas was an extremely accomodating guide. He knows so many trails, pools, caves. He can roll with any hiccups that might arise. He has a great sense of humor and very funny political/societal opinions as well. I wholeheartedly recommend.

2  Thank Gdax
Goecco-Reykjavik, Owner at Goecco, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Aaarj thanks for this review! Man the weather was crazy that evening. We're so happy that enjoyed plan B after all. Hope to see you on a plan A tour one day :-)

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I did the Magical Mystery Snæfellsnes Summer Day Tour with Goecco and loved it. They were very responsive for the first time. I emailed them with some questions about the tours and they replied pretty quickly. On the day of the tour, A guide picked me up at my hotel and went to pick up another British couple. In the end, there were only 4 of us, including the guide. This was a very pleasant experience because we had a chance to interact more with the guide as opposed to be inside a bus with 40 other people and guide talking in a microphone. My guide was great and polite as well. He was also very knowledgeable about Iceland and gave us interesting insights !
He drove us to a nice hot pool out of the way from the typical tourist spots. We ended up in this very hot pool in the middle of nowhere, drinking wine. He also drove us along the peninsula and luckily the weather was great.
He also stopped in some very nice spots to take pictures and walk. There was not a rigid itinerary compared to the other big tour company´s.

1  Thank Alexandre2009

Thanks a bunch for the review!!!! We are so happy that enjoyed your day out with us! Snaefellsnes is our favorite area no matter the year or the weather... We hope to see you back again one day!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We went on the Snaefelsness and the Glacial Lagoon tours with another couple we were traveling with. Both tours showed us not only amazing scenery, but gave us opportunities for small moments as well: soaking in a hidden hot spring, walking on soft, thick moss on a lava field, climbing a cinder cone. The guides, Jónas and Teitur, were more than accommodating and knowledgable, and told fascinating stories of their own lives as well as of Iceland. The small group allowed us (and two others) to tailor the day as we liked. We returned from both tours blown away by how great the days were.

Thank you so much for joining our tours and being such great company! And thanks for sharing all your great shots afterwards too! Come back for more adventures again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Went on White Night Hike with 60-year old parents and 27-year old sister on July 4th. For me, it was the highlight of our trip to Iceland. Sights unlike any I've ever seen in my life. Guides are fantastic, passionate, enthusiastic, concerned with everyone having a good time, which we all did. If you want to get out of Reykjavik and see the countryside and natural areas that Iceland is known for, don't look any further than Goecco. I really can't say enough about how great it was. A lifetime memory with my parents and sister. I'll never forget it and for that, I'm grateful. Thank you!

Thanks for this great review! It was a pleasure having your family on our hike - appreciated your humor as well. Come back for more Brennivin again one day - we know you loved it ;-)

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I agree with the other reviews - this was by far the highlight of our time spent in Iceland. Jonas was a fantastic tour guide and we had an unbelievable day visiting waterfalls, volcanoes, glaciers, volcano deserts, caves, hot spring baths and then the Golden Circle. Lunch was deliciously provided by Christina - who even sent me the recipe after the tour! I would absolutely recommend this to anyone visiting Iceland, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Lauren_W27
Goecco-Reykjavik, Owner at Goecco, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you sooooooooo much Lauren!!! It was such a good day out!!! We hope you have success in the kitchen and the lemon cake will bring back some good memories of Icecold Iceland :-)

Big smiles from Reykjavik