“Best tour ever!”
Review of Goecco

Goecco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience the real Iceland on our down-to-earth eco-friendly tours. We are known for finding new places and inventing new tours guided by real men and women. Come along if you want to disconnect from reality and connect with nature. Bring big smiles, an open mind and a generous spirit!
Reviewed 1 October 2013

All the good things you've read about GoEcco tours are true!

I took the day tour along the south of Iceland to the lagoons and back and absolutely loved it. It's impossible to take that route and not be blown away by the scenery. Jonas makes for the perfect guide and has an obvious and genuine love for the places we were taken. There seems to be nothing he doesn't know about the areas and you're in perfectly safe hands!

I got a real sense of being taken 'off the beaten track' and not just hitting a checklist of sights which is thanks to Jonas' knowledge of the areas. A huge bonus was that he seemed to be able It was superb and unique, exactly what I was looking for. I had another tour with a different company and while that one was also good, it still felt like tourism.

I plan to revisit Iceland soon and will only be taking tours with GoEcco!

Goecco-Reykjavik, Owner at Goecco, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you so much for writing such a great review!!! Really hope to see you back here soon for more adventures! We still haven't seen it all :-D

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We did 2 Day Tours with Jonas and it was absolutely amazing. Jonas is so funny and had many stories to tell and brennevin to share:) the nature we got to see and the hot Pools we got to immerse ourselves in were just beautiful! Can recommend it to everybody without any doubts...

Thanks a bunch for the review and nice words!!! Brennivin and hot geothermal pools what more can you ask for in life :-D Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We spent 4 days with Jonas and GOEcco with two families and a bunch of kids. Everywhere we went he knew interesting, offbeat things to do, people to see, and places to eat. It was always fun, and always an adventure. He has a gift for conveying the beauty, history, and geography of this amazing place. I can't imagine having a better guide service for a family trip. He was great with our kids, fun/interesting with adults and just great to be around.

The weather was not always great during our trip, but Goecco would seamlessly adjust the day's itinerary, so that it never seemed to be a problem. GO-Ecco! You'll be glad you did!

Thanks soooo much! This tour was one of my personal highlights this year - really enjoyed spending time with you guys and your great kids. I know I'll see you again soon - here or in Washington!

Thanks!
Jonas

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Iceland is a special place, and the Goecco crew really bring the magic with their off-the-beaten-path tours, the guides' wealth of knowledge, thoughtfulness, energy, remarkable personalities and obvious - and infectious - passion for their country, history and spectacular natural landscape. As with taking photos of the sights, it's hard to do justice to the amazing fun of the Goecco experience in a review, but I really enjoyed myself tremendously and want to thank Jonas, Christina and Teitur for the incredible adventures. And I guess I'll also have to thank the worst summer weather since 1953 for giving me an excuse to come back! ;)

Oooh we are so sorry about the weather this Summer! We have to talk to the pagan gods next year! So glad you enjoyed your Goecco adventure after all. Thanks so much for writing this review!!!!

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

We hired this tour based on what we read on this website.
Our tour guide, Teitur, is a local guy who loves what he does and has secret places he likes to share.
They create an experience rather than make tours. From the unexpected photo stop to getting out a bottle of red wine infront of the glacial lagoon just to appreciate "the moment"...
The best tour I've taken ever...
I will definitely come back to Iceland and book with them, with the only difference that I won't book any tours, I will let them take me wherever they consider according to weather...

Wow thanks for this great review!!! We got lots more adventures to show you, so YES do come back!!!