“Wonderful day trip to the Snaefellsness Peninsula”
Review of Goecco

Goecco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience the real Iceland on our down-to-earth eco-friendly tours. We are known for finding new places and inventing new tours guided by real men and women. Come along if you want to disconnect from reality and connect with nature. Bring big smiles, an open mind and a generous spirit!
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We chose this trip as it was with a small group and away from the main tourist routes. Though a long day, the experience was amazing, with wonderful views of snow-capped mountains, the memorable hot spring dip (didn't think I could do this in an air temp of minus 3 but it was worth it, or maybe that was the beer we drank whilst in there!), lunch at a beautifully located hotel with amazing views and all without seeing any other tourists.
The only downside was that their normal Jeep was being serviced so it was a tight squeeze in their replacement vehicle for all 6 of us.
Overall a great day out.

Goecco-Reykjavik, Owner at Goecco, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thanks so much for this review!!! We are glad that you enjoyed our beloved Snæfellsnes too!!!

Big smiles from reykjavik

in 20 reviews
"diamond beach"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We were recommended this tour company by several of my colleagues, and chose to book the Golden Circle Super Jeep tour, it being my girlfriend's first visit to Iceland (my 2nd) in order to see the main geological highlights. The locations were amazing, Jonas our super tour guide did his best to avoid crowds, and show us alternate routes avoiding most of the tourists. We got to swim in a secret hot spring in the middle of nowhere for a good hour just floating about with a bottle of wine.

Jonas is a very good guide, always an interesting tale to tell about where we currently were, Icelandic history and myths (the hidden people etc.) as well as the occasional conspiracy theory. All in all an excellent host.

The trip enabled us to see the main highlights of a trip to Iceland, as well as showing us some more of the country via back-roads and different paths. I can't recommend this company enough it was the highlight of an absolutely incredible rest of the week, which says a lot.

Aaarrrrjjjj you guys are great!!! THANKS for this review!!!!! And send more colleagues haha!!!

Big smiles from reykjavik

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I travelled to Iceland on what was my first solo vacation. My hope was to connect more to nature /natural wonders and reconnect with what is really important (in this modern distraction crazed world it is becoming increasingly more and more difficult to do). Upon going over various reviews I decided to take a Goecco tour and it was the best decision I made during my trip (even though I was a bit hesitant at first because of the cost). My guide was incredible and informative, the stops were breathtaking, the food (yes, world's best hotdog) was delicious, and the company (both my guide and the other solo traveler on the tour) couldn't be beat. I had the chance to go in May and the sun was shining bright and it was just a perfect day to visit the glacier, take a quick boat ride, sit on the cushy lava fields, try shark meat, swim beside a volcano while enjoying a corona, and all the other goodies the tour provided. I tell my partner about this trip often as we met after I went on it and hopefully one day soon we'll be able to return and he can enjoy the beauty that I encountered during my first trip to Iceland.

1  Thank Mel_Glee33

We are so happy that this is the experience you got on our tour!!! Nature is just so underrated!!! Thanks for posting such a wonderful review and pictures. Come back asap!!!

Big smiles from Reykjavik

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This tour was the highlight of our time in Iceland. We have had numerous family members travel to Iceland since we went and always recommend this tour. There is nothing better than a beautiful hike, followed up with wine and dinner while soaking in a natural hot spring. This is a MUST do while in Iceland.

1  Thank Rachel R
Goecco-Reykjavik, Owner at Goecco, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you so much for this great review and all the recommendations - it really means the world to us!!! Hope to see back here again one day!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 October 2013

GoEcco was an incredibly personal way to experience Iceland. No giant tour bus. Beautiful locations that I'm pretty sure no other tourists are going to. It was just us, a few amazing travelers, our savvy Viking guide Jonas and the unforgettable Icelandic wilderness.
I highly recommend the Snaefellsness tour. The only way to explain it: "It's like being on another planet." The mid-day dip in the natural hotspring with wine and Brennivin was a great time. We liked this tour so much we signed up for the White Night Hike with Jonas the next day!

Thanks a bunch man!!!! So great to have you two on our tours!!!! And thanks for sharing all those pictures as well. Really hope to see you back here one day again for more Brennivin and great days out :-D