“Convenient for airport and great facilities”

Reykjavik Peace Center - Guesthouse
Ranked #82 of 108 Reykjavik B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We stayed here on both our way in and also our way out of Iceland. It is on the airport side of the city, so both convenient for airport and city if you have a car which we did. Also, facilities were great, fully equipped kitchen and good common areas so saved money by cooking for family. Would stay here again on our next trip without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank AeeB76

Reviewed 13 November 2011

Just on arrival I was greeted by two nice people, Sylwia and Piotr :) I was shown around the house and taken to my room, so warm and cosy. My trip was long and I was very tired but unfortunately I couldn't go to sleep straight away, coz the same day came the owner of the place, and I have to say he has been bit noisy :/ But for the remaining 5 nights I didn't mind. especially that I am not going to bed earlier than 1-2am. It was bad just the first evening. Worst was his lack of cleanliness, as he was using the same kitchen as me :| Thankfully, Sylwia was keeping place as clean as possible :) Overall, my stay was pleasant and I was really happy by choosing Peace Centre.
Btw I recommend to go by bus to BSI from airport and from there taxi as for the first time visit it can be hard to find the place :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Tenanye
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We had a wonderful stay at the Reykjavik Peace Center. Spacious room, clean and very comfortable. You feel really at home there with the several lounges, kitchen and a great library. There is a free wifi in the rooms and a guest computer with printer. The bus stops just a couple of minutes walk away with fast route the city center.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We booked a 2 night stay. Our flight arrived early and we picked up our rental car and drove straight to the Peace Hotel. Since it is away from the city centre parking is right at the front door and is free. Make sure you have a google map to find the place. Piotr was there to greet us and gave us a key so we were able to check in at 9:00 am. He showed us our room, the shared bathroom, and the kitchen facilities. All were very satisfactory. The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood so we were able to sleep at odd hours and get over our jet lag. Although there is public transport it is best if you have a car. There is a computer in the lobby for the guests to use and WiFi is available in your room and is free. What more could you ask for atbthis price? Great stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We were supposed to spend three nights there, but when we arrived an alleged friend of the owner (who we did not manage to see) told us the guesthouse was overbooked, although we booked and paid about two months in advance. The only option he gave us was to sleep in a really crappy place substantially farther from the Peace Center (which is already in the suburbs) for one night.

Till next morning, we weren't sure about where we would spend the second and third night. Finally, probably thanks to our insistent complaints, they "miraculously managed" to free one room in the Peace center for these two nights.

Not a single discount nor any other compensation was offered. First lesson: do not ever pay in advance. Second lesson: do not enter any hotel/guesthouse with your bagpacks (probably you will be picked to suffer the consequences from their on purpose overbooking). Third lesson: do not go to the Reykjavik Peace Center (which apart from the above is not such a clean and great place).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Kuzeta
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Horrible, inconsiderate management. Purposely overbooked me for the first night to make money for his other properties. Very far from the city and tough to find. In a small residential neighborhood with very small signage on the house.
House was decent and clean, but very inconvenient location-- almost impossible if you do not have a car.
Whatever you do call ahead and confirm your booking. Multiple times if necessary, the confirmation number will mean nothing. Booking here was the only negative part of my trip to Iceland.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Kelly O
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I arrived in Reykjavik via the FlyBus and was hoping to catch a shuttle out to this place where I had a reservation. I was told they couldn't because it's "out where we keep the schools". It's in a nice residential area but far from anything in Reykjavik. The #3 bus comes every 30 minutes during normal hours and drops off close by so once you're settled in it's just a 20 minute bus into town, but that's still a lot of time spent waiting on the bus or at the bus station.

The House Keeper also doesn't stay on location, so you better have a phone on you. I didn't, so I had no way to contact him to be checked in which was a problem. I had to go bother some neighbors down the road to call for me and he arrived 20 minutes later.

Other than that the place is very nice and quiet, the rooms are pleasant, and the price is excellent.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo