“Iceland Photo Tour”

Iceland Aurora Photo Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #81 of 369 Tours in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Photography and sightseeing tours to all parts of Iceland.These flexible tours are driven by a passion for photography and the Icelandic nature.Flexible tours for small groups including advice and guidance regarding photography, Icelandic history and geography. Tours include transportation and accommodation outside of Reykjavik.
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My girlfriend and I did a tour with Lurie of Iceland Aurora Photo tours in June. We did a half day tour which started late evening and went on through the night. As it was Summer solstice the light is best if you go out at night because the sun sets for only a couple of hours and it is never truly dark. Lurie was a great guide and good company. He showed us lots of his secret spots as we drove through South Iceland chasing the light. He gave me good photography advice without being overbearing, so I enjoyed it immensely. I think the tour is actually quite good value compared to other guided tours considering the unique locations and tuition. If you are willing to share a tour with some others then the costs can be kept down even more. Overall, I recommend a photo tour with Lurie!

2  Thank Philip W
"food stops"
"black sand beach"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Had a chance to visit Iceland and take a photo tour with Tony Prower last month. It was an outstanding trip and there is no way I could have seen all the places I did in the amount of time I had without an experienced guide like Tony. He is an outstanding photographer and has in-depth knowledge of the best locations and the ideal timing for visiting them. During my trip he alo generously taught me his "magic cloth" technique which is something I will be able to use going forward.
Please note this tour is directed to people whose primary objective is photography and taking great pictures of Iceland's beautiful locations. If that is your main goal, having Tony as a guide will maximize the chances of you returning home with outstanding photos.

6  Thank dwfphoto
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Darwin T

We had a photo tour with a group of 8 for 2 days. We had a great time, with his suggestion, we took photos at night where the sun only set for 2 hrs and avoid all the other tourist fighting for the photo spot! At Jokulsarlon, we had the whole place to ourselves in the early morning where is no wind and we can get the perfect reflection of the ice flow in the lagoon. Tony even show us a few tricks of his own in taking photo without using a graduated filter to darken the sky. He gave us enough time to take our photos and never rush us. I would love to have Tony as our guide again in the future to take photos of the northern light in the winter time.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

The Jökulsárlón tour drive was long, but the stops in between allowed us to take pictures and refresh. Unlike the typical tour that started at 6 in the morning, this one started at 6 in the evening avoiding heavy traffic and allowed us to take pictures without other tourist in the way. We had a schedule of places to visit, but were never rush from one place to another. I had some difficulty in getting the right settings and Tony notice and came by and asked if I needed some help and gave me some suggestions and I was back on track taking pictures again. Taught us a few photography tricks. As this was a two day tour, we camped rather than stay at a hotel. Tony made sure we got tents, air mattresses, sleeping bags and a good location near the facilities, but not too close.

The second tour that we booked was Snæfellsness Peninsular Tours but the weather was not very good that day on the coast and we decided to change it to the Golden Circle after some discussion and we had a great day photographing.

We learned a lot about the places in Iceland and we will be planning another trip this time it will be in the Winter to see the aurora borealis and other parts that we did not have time to see. We will definitely be interested in planning our future tour with Tony again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This was my second tour with Tony in as many years. the first being of a two day duration.
Great experience as it was a week long tour this time.
Tony was well equipped with both vehicle and camping gear, all suitable for the rough terrain we wished to cover. Perhaps a better organization in the food department should be addressed.
we found him to be an excellent driver and very conscious as to our safety.

He was most helpful, as well, in all aspects of the photography our group of 4 wished to take.
I would highly recommend his services and tours to anyone interested in serious photography as well as exploration of difficult terrains. Tony was also very amenable and receptive to any suggestion in change of itinerary. Flexibility is what we, as a group, enjoyed... as many tours tend sometime to be set in stone and the tour operators unwilling to make changes.
Would gladly go again in the future to experience the beauty of Iceland and fellowship of a great photographer as Tony.

Gene M.